Originally Posted By: Birdhunter56
Tw,
You sound like you are very sure this is a model 408, can you tell me how you know that? I am very interested in finding out why this one is so different than any other Berettas I have seen in the past. Thanks alot for any info you can provide me with, I appreciate it!
Also, you don't need to worry about me shooting heavy loads in this one, I have always liked lightweight guns and respect them for what they are. This is not nearly the lightest double I have owned, I once had an 12 gauge Ithaca Flues model in 1 1/2 grade that had lightweight damascus barrels on it. It weighed just over 5 1/2 pounds. I used to shoot it with 2 1/2 inch handloads but finally sold it because of all the horror stories about damascus barrels blowing up. I wish I had it back. Bob

I am no expert on Berretta SxS but from my experience looking at Berrettas in Norwegian gun shops they come in far more configurations than we see over here. As to why it does not match any configurations we are used to seeing, IMO it is probably a gun brought back by someone years ago, and not a rare model necessarily.