Hi guys,

I apologise for using this forum but most people read this area. I wanted to update people on my battle with cancer.

On Wednesday, whilst outside my BMW garage, I had what appears to be a seizure or mild stroke. I was rushed by ambulance to hospital for tests. Everything looked OK so they couldn't tell. However alarm bells rang and my oncologist wanted me to have a brain CT scan right away, I refused at the time because I had frankly had enough. On talking with Marie we saw the sense in just having to know if the cancer had spread to my brain. This was confirmed today at 11am after a CT scan that I do indeed have a single tumour about 2.5CM in my head.

I have agreed to radiotherapy of a 5 day treatment starting next week because as you all know I will do anything to stay alive for my family. The bad news is that I could have 6 weeks or less to live. Maybe a few months if it goes well but we seriously have to plan for this now. I've expressed my desire to die in my wifes arms and I strangely feel at peace with this now. Although we have the unbearable task of telling my 10 year old over this weekend to somehow prepare for daddy slipping away.

I feel terrible telling you guys this but just had to. You are very imporant to me.

Thank you to the 3 people so far that have offered and purchased some of my guns. This will be important for my family. The Purdey, Grant 2 and John Blanch are all going to wonderful people that are going to treasure these shotguns as I would.

I'll keep everyone posts. I do want to get to Holts and hope to meet a few people there.

If I go quiet for more than a week then PA24 or Marie will post I am sure.

All the best,
Regards,
Tony