June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (j7l2, 67galaxie), 482 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,581
Posts546,696
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
My #3 45/70 was stolen some time ago with 70 other guns, only one ever recovered. Interesting that another of the stolen guns was a Savage 219! This one had 2 Bbls, .410 and 22 hornet. Was a special order I think. Cheekpiece, BT forend, some engraving nice wood..My #3 was real kicker, possibly because I tried to make it act like a .458...I Broke 2 buttstocks, Ruger said they wouldnt fix it any more..so I backed off to "normal" loads..The H&R single shots, aside from being really ugly, perform very well..

Sorry about your stolen guns. I'm sure there was a lot of sentiment behind some of these that can never be replaced. My #3 is a kicker too. I finally put a rubber slip-on butt pad on it. I haven't broke a stock yet but thanks for the heads up. To get the best accuracy out of mine I tighten the fore-arm screw just enough that I can still pass a cigarette paper between the barrel and fore-arm wood. With handloads from the "Ruger Only" section of the reloading manuals these little guns roar!

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom Hall
I live in a shotgun only area and I went with a single shot rifled as I would rather cary a 6# gun than the alternative, and accurate as far as it has to be. Up to this point it hasn't caused a problem. If the gun has ejectors the situation is diminished further.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom and I live in the same area and often hunt together. For almost 25 years I did my hunting with a Browning BPS pump with rifled barrel that would group the right slugs into less than 2moa. But after 25 years that gun got a bit heavy so Tom talked me into a 20ga H&R Ultra Slug Hunter. Must be 2-3 lbs lighter than the BPS and just as accurate with the right slugs.

Now if only I could talk him into going somewhere rifles are allowed so we could use stalking rifles I'd have an excuse to start looking for one...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had an ex wife like that.....never made it

Boxlock
Boxlock

My 1st center fire rifle was a .38-55 Stevens 44 1/2 with a heavy half-round, half-octagon barrel. It came with a bullet mold and a Winchester hand loading tool.

I have 2 Ruger NO 1's (.25-06 and .270). Both have beautiful wood.

The rifle I use most often these days is my Thompson Center Encore in .30-06. It is short and handy in the bush. With a 24" barrel it is the same overall length as my 20" Winchester M94.

I've never felt that I needed more fire-power than a single shot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have several Rugers I shoot from 223 to 416 Rigby. All shoot well. The Handi Rifle is indeed mostly overlooked. Except by bargain hunters. I picked one up last week with a super trigger and fast lock time in 270. Shoots very accurately.
The T-C is the American "Stalking rifle".

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.