Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Jim,
I have no particular beef with where you put your post. However, when you're in someone else's house, you should be respectful of where you are.

I saw no place in this thread where Jim was in any way disrespectful to our host. Maybe the mere fact that he raised the question in a new thread is considered poor manners by some, but I imagine Jim is/was as confused as I am about how some threads that have no direct relationship to Double Guns can go on for days without anyone crying foul, while others such as his are abruptly moved. Then, in Dave Webers' reply, he said,

"Second, let me state that I do try to be fair on the board when it comes to moving topics. If I get a REQUEST and the thread is a better fit for another predefined forum I typically honor the request."

I capitalized the word request because it appears likely Jims' original thread was moved to Misfires due to someone taking issue and asking Dave to do so. Dave also chose to let this new topic, which is also unrelated to doubles, run its' course right here in the Doublegun BBS. He obviously is interested in viewpoints on both side of the issue. And he has always been reasonable and allowed us a certain amount of latitude. That, to me, has always been part of the charm, and success, of this Forum. Some peoples panties seem to get wadded up pretty easily. Others don't. But I'll bet a dollar that if we knew who asked Dave to move Jims' original thread, we would find that person has some personal beef with Jim. I'll bet another dollar that that individual won't man-up and admit to it. But how else could we explain that his topic had any less relevence than posts about lost Boykin Spaniels, or wearing Flourescent Orange, or Ithaca model 37's, or driving in a snowstorm, or a thousand other topics that had zip-zilch-nada to do with doubles.

To sum things up, it appears;

(1)It is just fine to have a multi-day thread about Gun Safes to protect against physical threats to our guns.

(2)It should be verboten to post a thread about political or legislative threats to our guns.

To me, that is wrong on so many levels. And it doesn't bode well for future generations maintaining the right to keep and bear arms. Some may say we are crying wolf. I say those folks have ridden the coat-tails of the fraction of gun-owners who have kept the wolf at bay.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.