June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jimmy W), 412 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,046
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know if it comes under mistake or accident, and don't know if they were hunting quail or wearing blaze orange but there is something on record of a prominent politician shooting another member of his party behind him that made big news for days.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I don't know if it comes under mistake or accident, and don't know if they were hunting quail or wearing blaze orange but there is something on record of a prominent politician shooting another member of his party behind him that made big news for days.

I feel pretty certain that the shooter wasn't wearing blue. wink Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: King Brown

I feel pretty certain that the shooter wasn't wearing blue. wink Gil

See...that red won't keep you from being shot. laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

That was probably one of those accidents that no amount of orange could have prevented. It either was a very careless shot or alcohol was involved. I suspect the latter since they waited hours before reporting the incident. Fortunately the guy hit wasn't blinded.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why didnt they issue blaze orange in Viet Nam, if If it kept us from getting shot?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I think they ought to change the law: Politicians and lobbyists have to wear either camo or a deer skin jacket while hunting, depending on the season.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unfortunatley, the people making these laws do not know you or me. I'm sure only fatalities are recorded and that is how the state/s get their information and make these laws.

The rule of thumb in upland bird hunting, is sky between the bird before shooting.
The incident in Texas, there was no sky and I have to believe that he was not a true hunter, as he would known this. People get excited and novices do make mistakes, color has little to do when an in-experienced hunter gets rilled up when a pheasant explodes under him or a covey of quail. Hunting in thick cover for woodcock and grouse, like another poster said, if you do not know where the other person is, you don't shoot.
Flourescent orange in woodcock and grouse covers, to me is a good idea, wide open fields, no, but like I said, here in Pennsylvania, it is mandatory.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW
Unfortunatley, the people making these laws do not know you or me. I'm sure only fatalities are recorded and that is how the state/s get their information and make these laws.

The rule of thumb in upland bird hunting, is sky between the bird before shooting.
The incident in Texas, there was no sky and I have to believe that he was not a true hunter, as he would known this. People get excited and novices do make mistakes, color has little to do when an in-experienced hunter gets rilled up when a pheasant explodes under him or a covey of quail. Hunting in thick cover for woodcock and grouse, like another poster said, if you do not know where the other person is, you don't shoot.
Flourescent orange in woodcock and grouse covers, to me is a good idea, wide open fields, no, but like I said, here in Pennsylvania, it is mandatory.

Not all bird hunting takes place on flat ground. There are a number of places I hunt in our badlands or over in the foothills of the mountains where you will not ever see sky between the bird and the ground. I agree inexperienced hunters can lead to accidents, but to me older hunters are the worst due to they get too comfortable handling a gun and get the idea that it can never happen to them. My friend and I were both shot by a couple hunters in their late 50s that had been hunting their whole life. A bird flushed in the middle of the group and they turned inward and fired out of excitement. So my point is anyone can get excited. Having the idea that you are a master gun handler is foolish IMO just because you have used guns for a long time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wear it while pheasant or other upland hunting. I do not wear it while dove hunting, but I do for deer. Hey, I don't give it a second thought. If it helps keep me from getting shot I am all for it.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I live in Charlotte. We gots lots of Yankee transplants who know how to drive in the snow. They laugh when the city stops for a dusting of snow. I stay home. I don't care how good they are, I know my fellow locals can't shake their NASCAR roots for any type of road conditions. The wise stay home and let NASCAR meet Buffalo. Darwin??
I feel the same way about orange. I know I am safe. It's the other guy I worry about. Orange helps him see me. I never wore orange in the UK. I don't wear orange hunting with my Vintager buddies. But, if others are in the field we don orange to protect ourselves.

Joe

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.