Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Originally Posted By: Flintfan
Originally Posted By: Bouvier
If you want to see UGLY .... take a look at humans that have been shot to death, now that's UGLY!

Al

Then my advice is to not shoot anyone. Hunting "accidents" need to start being prosecuted for what they are, criminal negligence. Blaze orange is completely unnecessary since no one should ever pull the trigger without knowing what is in front of their gun. If the cover is too thick that you cannot know if another person is standing in it regardless of what they are wearing, the shot should not be taken.

Well said!!

I am sure you will derive adequate satisfaction if your 18 year-old son is shot (not wearing orange) by a despicable negligent hunter and you sue the crap (or have prosecuted) out of the hunter who didn't obey your rules.

Yep, that's the way to deal with problems.

Always blame the other guy or society because they don't behave the way YOU want them to.

It always seems to be someone else's fault.

And you seem to think that wearing blaze orange is a bullet proof vest. If someone shoots wildly and hits another hunter, it is their fault, and they are acting outside the standards set by society. There is something called personal responsibility, that goes along with the privilege of hunting. And yes, people have to live up to those responsibilities if we are continued to be "allowed" to hunt.

Not everyone will follow the rules set to protect people from harm. And people wearing blaze orange will continue to be shot during hunting seasons. If you are not willing to educate people that the only way hunting shootings will be eliminated is by education of proper hunting ethics/techniques, you are the one passing the buck. Apparently you have no problem with people hunting in a dangerous manner. As long as you wear blaze orange your job is done.

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie