June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Researcher, Argo44, LGF, Stanton Hillis, 1 invisible), 442 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,487
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave- interesting set of info - thanks for posting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys will probably think I smoked something, but I have changed my mind. Blaze orange is hideous.

Blaze orange is intentionally unnatural, attention getting, and obnoxious.

Think about this from an art philosophy standpoint. Visual perceptions are linked to our capacity for pleasure so it is probable that blaze orange can negatively affect the hunting experience of some personality types. Individual sensitivity to ugliness varies greatly. Therefore, the degree of blaze orange’s aesthetic offense is subjective.

It makes perfect sense that some folks think it is a good idea and others can’t stand it. Individual results will vary. If orange makes you feel safer, wear it with pride. If it offends your senses or diminishes your enjoyment, then avoid it.

Blaze orange is ugly by design. Ugly things should be avoided in life.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you want to see UGLY .... take a look at humans that have been shot to death, now that's UGLY!

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Individual results will vary. If orange makes you feel safer, wear it with pride. If it offends your senses or diminishes your enjoyment, then avoid it."

Well said Ryan, so few understand .....sadly.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bouvier
If you want to see UGLY .... take a look at humans that have been shot to death, now that's UGLY!

Al

Then my advice is to not shoot anyone. Hunting "accidents" need to start being prosecuted for what they are, criminal negligence. Blaze orange is completely unnecessary since no one should ever pull the trigger without knowing what is in front of their gun. If the cover is too thick that you cannot know if another person is standing in it regardless of what they are wearing, the shot should not be taken.

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: postoak
"Individual results will vary. If orange makes you feel safer, wear it with pride. If it offends your senses or diminishes your enjoyment, then avoid it."

Well said Ryan, so few understand .....sadly.

Ah, yes. Self-indulgence masquerading as aestheticism.

Those of you offended by wearing orange, who then choose to not wear it, will be happy and secure in the knowledge that your aesthetics, taste and experience were not impeded or offended in the least by the ugly orange that might have saved your life. unfortunately, those of us who survive you will have to deal, not only with the opprobrium of having shot someone, but also the possibility of jail, license suspension, lawsuits, and confronting the question of whether we ever want to hunt again given that someone died (assuming the law even allows one to possess a gun again after such an incident).

But, dammit, you had your aesthetics intact and unmolested. Make sure it's on your headstone, ok?

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

I really detest the Nanny-Statists "it's for your own goodism" affected Moral Superiority.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ff
When you are laying out there bleeding to death I'm sure knowing that the shooter will be prosecuted for "criminal negligence" will give you a lot of comfort!
I wear it because I want to, not that I have to.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Flintfan
Originally Posted By: Bouvier

Al

Then my advice is to not shoot anyone. Hunting "accidents" need to start being prosecuted for what they are, criminal negligence. Blaze orange is completely unnecessary since no one should ever pull the trigger without knowing what is in front of their gun. If the cover is too thick that you cannot know if another person is standing in it regardless of what they are wearing, the shot should not be taken.

Well said!!

I am sure you will derive adequate satisfaction if your 18 year-old son is shot (not wearing orange) by a despicable negligent hunter and you sue the crap (or have prosecuted) out of the hunter who didn't obey your rules.

Yep, that's the way to deal with problems.

Always blame the other guy or society because they don't behave the way YOU want them to.

It always seems to be someone else's fault.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

If I ever go deer hunting on public land, I will wear it (If I go deer hunting on public land, I will have lost my mind anyway).

I will not shoot doves in blaze orange. I will not hunt turkeys in blaze orange. I will not hunt ducks in blaze orange. I will not hunt geese in blaze orange. I wear bright colored shirts/jackets to hunt quail with a partner, not blaze orange.

I resent being told by a government agency, that cannot even effectively manage itself, what is good for me.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.