I prefer this government intrusion over the intrusion of lead shot in my eyes. We aren't required to wear it during turkey season and I don't. Deer hunting requires it, but I don't deer hunt. After decades of turkey hunting the idea of being visible in the woods runs against my grain. However with upland hunting, I wear it save my eyesight. Don't think you can get shot on private property? Happens with enough frequency around here for me to always consider the fact that someone who isn't supposed be in the woods is. You can talk about safe gun handling until you are blue it the face, but humans aren't perfect and sh*t happens. I am responsible for my own safe gunhandling, but not someone else's. Why take the chance on some idiot shooting something he can't clearly see? When hunting woodcock on public land, I am in blaze in addition to my dog wearing a skidplate vest with blaze side panels and a bell. Most areas I hunt on public land allow hog hunting year round except during turkey season. I try to avoid where I know someone is hunting, but you never know for sure if someone wasn't dropped off in the same area. I don't want me or my dog caught dead in the woods without blaze orange. Gil