Craig, I believe there were some 3" Parkers (assuming you're referring to the 20ga guns previously discussed), but not 3 1/4". Maybe I'm wrong on that. However, there still remains a serious issue: You give someone a gun with 3" chambers and tell them "Yessir, them's factory 3" chambers!" So then, what does the recipient of the gun think when he hears that--unless he happens to be fairly heavily into gun esoterica, like many of us here? Why, he thinks--logically enough--that that gun is good to go with modern, 3" 20ga ammo. Which it most decidedly is NOT. Once more, that gun would indeed need reproof, should someone decide that he wants to shoot modern 3" shells in it rather than the hottest ammo available back when that gun was made.

So Craig . . . if you own one of those, by all means--send it in, wherever you wish, for proofing appropriate to modern 3" 20ga ammo and let us know how it goes. That would be a proof at about 18-19,000 psi. I don't have any specific data for Parker 20ga proof, but 2 3/4" 12ga proof back then was at 16,000 psi. And I also kinda wonder what a steady diet of current 3" 20ga loads would do to the wood on one of those old 20ga Parker beauties.