If it were my gun I'd be fixing the pitting and having the engraving repaired. As for the case colors I'd likely have them done also. The problem is this is not cheap or simple. If I were welding it I'd have everything annealed first. Not doing it could lead to porosity in the weld area and make welding the edges without any undercut more difficult. As for the weld process I am a TIG welder for nearly 30 years so that would be my choice. You don't need any special equipment just experience. Choose someone who is familiar with gum repair not just the welder in the neighborhood. I really do not know anything about laser welding and I do not know anyone who does it so I can't tell you if it is a good choice or if it is cost effective. Having said all that in the end you may well have to anneal the parts again after welding in order to reshape and polish the parts. The engraver will need the parts soft also. The parts will need to be re hardened after all is restored. To have case color or not is up to you but either way it is one more heat treatment to add to the cost. I believe that the gold inlay has already been mentioned also. Another cost. If you decide this is all a waste of your time you can send the guns to me and I'll put them in my scrape bin for you. Good luck with the project. Post some pictures when it is done.

Bill G.