OK, I've tried to stay out of the .410 thread. I think its a silly "guage" good only for reduced recoil introduction of children into the shooting world. Yup, I started out with a .410 an found it to be a giant step up from a Daisy BB gun. But a game gun it ain't.

I still have the Marlin "four-tenner" my Grandfather gave me when I was 10. He said he got it back in the thirtys as a "premium" for buying some stock in the Company. Its a 2.5 inch lever gun and it was a grand up-grade from the Daisy.

I shot my first duck (a blue wing teal) with it many a rabbit. However even with the full choke, it was not a dependable game gun. I remember wounding rabbits with it that I had to dig out of hollow trees or gopher (tortoise) holes (use a slender branch split at the end to poke into the hole and twist to pull'em out).

I still take it out from time to time for "kick-em-up" released quail over dogs and it seems to be adequate for that. I have to go with the guys who say the .410's a joke on wild game...Geo