As you may have seen in the sporting magazines recently, the Safari Club and Quail Unlimited are sponsoring a new event this year called the EPIC Game Fair at Foxhall Resort & Shooting Club near Atlanta, Georgia. (see www.epicgamefair.org). It is intended to be an English style game fair covering a wide range of outdoor activities including shooting, fishing, hunting, boating, etc.

It's a great idea and having gone to the CLA Game Fair in England the past two years, I'm excited to see someone organizing such an event here. Unfortunately, their first event is the same weekend as the Vintage Cup in September. Looking at the early vendors list on their website, I see a lot of past Vintage Cup vendors have already signed up for the new Game Fair including:

African Sporting Creations
Brays Island
Ermilio Clothiers
Fair Chase Books
Game Fair Ltd.
Greene's Guns
Griffin & Howe
Gulf Breeze Firearms
Guns International
Kevins Guns
Maureen Riley Studios
Robin Hollow Outfitters
Shooting Sportsman
Steve Barnett Fine Guns
SYC Sporting Adventures
Vintage Doubles
Wingshooting Adventures

A number of prominent vendors have already dropped out of the Vintage Cup in recent years and it looks like the vendor tents will be noticeably thinner again this year. That's too bad. Hopefully these events won't clash again in the future. I'd sure like to be at both of them.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco