I'll have to check to see if I have a copy of the "Cartridges of the World" but I suggest they verify their sources and produce a couple of rounds of ammo with the 7X75R Vom Hofe headstamp. Sources give that 1 lot of 1000 rounds were produced by DWM in 1942 and shipped to some fella in Stuttgart. All had the parent headstamp 9.3X74R. Walter Gehmann acquired the Vom Hofe firm, which Ernst August Vom Hofe had hung his shingle out in either the late 1920s or very early 1930s, in 1955/1956 and completed the development of the 7X75R Vom Hofe for tipping weapons. There was a 7X73 from the 1930s which I think was for a Hofmann rifle. There has been some talk of an elusive 7X76.5 Vom Hofe Super Express Rand/with a rim from the period.

There were several firms with the name Heym in Suhl and Fredrich Wilhelm & Gebrüder Heym being 2 of them. I'm sure they were related but Gebrüder Heym arrived much later on the scene, possibly between the turn of the 20th century & WWI. Gebrüder Heym made many of the Geha longarms and didn't survive WWII.

Are the Eagle proofs those with the wide wingspan?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse