For whatever my opinion may be worth the time to read this post, I believe the number on the frame is most likely original. Sure, part of the serial number stamp looks a little rough; but such misstamps are not rare on Parker guns. Even overstamps are not unusual on Parker guns. In the local gunshop as I write is a 10-bore Parker in the 103xxx range that was inadverdantly stamped "P"; then overstamped as an "N" Grade. And even incorrect serial number log entries were occassionally made. Another for instance, a local attorney recently brought a 28-bore VH by for an opinion as to originality; as he had learned the serial number on his gun was recorded as a 12-bore in the Parker Serialization Book. On close inspection I could find no evidence of fakery, and am convinced the gun is original; so it's anyone's guess as to how that error was made. As to the subject Parker, I believe the frame patent dates, grade stamp, and serial number are correct; and also that the gun was originally an ejector gun (and you will note the seller neglected to provide a photo of the knuckle of the frame). It is my opinion that at some point the original barrels were lost or destroyed and have been replaced with an early set of Parker barrels that were originally marked "Twist" Steel. Why do I think this is so? A Parker gun late enough to have the 1905 and 1910 patent date stamps would have the replaceable, tapered bolt face. This set of barrels has the "square" bolt face common to early Parker barrels. Again, note that the seller neglected to provide a clear photo of that feature; and also the side of the barrel lug, which would allow us to determine if the barrel serial number had been tampered with in any manner. We are in agreement that the word "Titanic" in the rib panel has obviously been facked; but, if one were looking for a set of Parker barrels to sleeve and fake as original "Titanic" steel barrels, wouldn't it be much much easier to use a set of Twist barrels for that purpose as opposed to a set of Damascus barrels? Think first about faking the rib inscription; the word "Titanic" would be more proportional and therefore "fit" much better within the space alloted for the word "Twist" than in the rib space allotted for the word "Damascus". And further, Parker Twist steel barrels have the "T" stamp for Twist steel on the barrels flats already; eliminating the need to fake that stamp and making it much easier to fool the unsuspecting buyer into thinking the "T" stamp denoted "Titanic" steel. If one looks very closely at the photo of the barrel flats (at the edge of the flats just below the patent date stamp) there is a faint (and illegible to me) stamp that is certainly not an original Parker stamp. I am thinking this stamp may have been added by the smith who sleeved the barrels. At any rate, it is truly unfortunate that some people deliberately misrepresent a gun like this; and an absolute pity that some unsuspecting soul, smitten with the "double gun bug" will "pay for his Parker education" thru this piece. A few years ago, I was in a gunshop in Charlotte, NC and stuck up a conversation with a gentleman who had just purchased an "original" DHE 20-bore Parker; and he beamed from ear-to-ear as he proudly showed me the gun. I'm about half blind; but even I could instantly see the finish was redone (the tear drops had even been sanded off the cheek panels!); and the gun sported an "original" Pachmayer White-Line pad. This gentleman was so proud of his collection that he invited me to his home that evening where I spent the rest of the day looking thru the contents of two large safes full of similar Parkers. I shutter to think how his heirs will react when they learn the actual worth of those guns.