Thanks for the fast replies! To answer TT's questions, I would definitely intend on shooting the gun and a functional specimen will be what I'm looking for. Living in Florida, I'm limited to Quail hunting here and in Georgia but will hunt Pheasant before I die lol. Don't think i would spend a whole day afield with it, weight of gun approaching 9 1/2 lbs. To be honest as to why I chose this particular gun, like women, the look caught my eye first. I decided to research as best I could, and after seeing the relatively low production numbers it seems like a good choice especially if she is in fact unrestored/unmolested.

I'll be honest that I have essentially no experience or knowledge regarding vintage firearms but have always wanted to start acquiring pieces and I stumbled across the Colt. I believe I read that the barrels are English and proof marks may be evident. Thanks for suggesting the clause about a gunsmith verifying or money back, will make sure I do that. Will need to find competent smith in Florida/central Florida for that. If anybody knows one.....

Last edited by Ceruzziracing; 01/23/11 11:39 PM.

Life is too short for cheap guns, cheap women and cheap whiskey.