HomelessJoe asked: "OWD If it was made as a "true left handed gun" wouldn't the triggers be set up for a left handed shooter with the chokes reversed ? (I know the triggers could've be reversed)"

Joe, I shoot from the left shoulder and I believe that the front trigger being on the right side is one of those freaks of history. It is MUCH easier for a left hander to shoot standard double triggers. Think about it. A right hander has to pull the front trigger then disengage and get inside that trigger to the back one. A lefty simply has to let his finger slip to the rear.
Look at many (if not most) standard double trigger guns. The back trigger is bent to the right to make it easier for a right hander to get to it.
The real funny question is why double guns developed with the right/front trigger for the open choke. I have read that some of the early manufacturers and designers felt that the recoil of the first barrel was better to the outside.
Whatever the reason, it is one of those funny freaks of history that make double triggers set up for the masses easier for leftys.
I would love someone with more knowledge about this than me to respond. Regards, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net