You won't find suitable cartridges for sale here in the US, they just aren't out there. RST doesn't even fool with 8 gauge stuff which might actually have a slight market so I'd imagine they won't be of any help with 4 gauge which has zero.

As far as I know, the only person in the world that has a loading machine and does sort of "production" 4 gauge shells is Alan Myers in England. He had a die made to mold an all plastic case and loads shells into them on special order. He doesn't sell the cases empty anymore as far as I know, he just sells loaded shells.

There would be no way to ship loaded cartridges from there, you'd have to fly over and pick some up then fly them back. Last time I saw him he had a couple boxes he'd brought along to shoot at geese in a Rhoda double 4 bore. I believe the price tag on the lead loaded ones was £225 for 25 cartridges. And yes, that's the pound symbol not the dollar symbol. There's no guarantee they'd fit in your gun anyway, 4 bore chamber sizes vary wildly.

Your only chance will be to buy brass and load your own, it's just that simple.

Destry

P.S. I think Armbrust had a few of the Myers made plastic cases at one time. You might try him I suppose.

Last edited by MarketHunter; 09/12/10 08:07 PM.

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits