From what I've seen good condition classic guns with lots of case and decent wood still bring good prices. I look at Foxes a lot because I like them. Bottom line however is that most of what is listed on Gunbroker or other sites is overprices and have been there forever. Lots of $500 guns are being priced at $800. $1,000 dollar guns are being priced at $1,500 (or more). Good guns still bring good prices.

Also, and I've said this before. No one wanted to look at Reserve priced items. Sellers need to understand they don't work. What I think happens most of the time is sellers put it out there at a high price and then wait for someone to contact them after the auction closes and negotiate a lesser price and sell it away from GB at a cheaper rate. Just the way the game is played. The smarter thing IMO is know what the market should be, start the bidding at 1 cent and let it ride. That's what an auction is supposed to be. I think for the most part some dealers have paid too much for guns and don't want to ever sell at a loss. Anyway, just one person's opinion whose wrong 50% of the time.

foxes rule