Hi all and thanks. I should have stated in my original post that I'm not talking about "High" grade collectable guns or those of historical interest (the Czars Parker for example).

I agree that some guns should remain untouched for one reason or another.

As I've stated, I'm a user of fine guns, not a collector. I also stand by what I said, if I can't use it, then why have it.

My guns will be passed down to my sons, who have already grown to appreciate the quality and workmanship of generations past. I also think that these same craftsman who made these guns would want them to be used Abuse in one thing, but use is another.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear from the start.

I really do enjoy this forum and the majority of people on it. I've learned a lot and will continue to. There is a lot of great knowledge out there that is shared and passed on. That's the reason why we have this forum.

What I don't like are the few, who have to give a smart aleck or disparaging remark whenever someone posts a sincere question or comment. If you have nothing good or constructive to say, then don't!

A good debate is great, if the arguments are founded and thought out, even personal opinions are fine, but let the other fellow have his say with the same respect you'd want even of you don't agree.

Enough said. Again, sorry for any misunderstanding when I first posted this thread.

All the best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret