June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (R. Glenz, fullandfuller, Argo44, prairie ghost, 1 invisible), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,540
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

My favourite is the next one I buy... There's a 28 bore hammer gun on the way soon, which will be something a bit different...
I do have an 1886 6lb 12bore F16 Greener facile princeps with open chokes and damascus barrels with which I rarely miss game...
RG

Sidelock
Sidelock

M-21 16 ga. field grade. Bought 20 years ago with a non-original 13" stock. Restocked with straight grip, high comb and cast-off to fit, beavertail worked down to a long splinter, 28" tubes opened to skeet 1 & 2. At 6-3/4 lbs. this gun is just right for me, mostly with 1-1/8 oz. pheasant loads and fine with 1-1/4 oz. for wild-flushing late season birds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My favorite is also always the next one. However, time tells whether or not it stays as THE favorite.

My current favorite is that little .410 Nitro Special all fixed up. Although the dove season saw me with my 28" plain barreled, full choked, Win 42 most of the time.

But, I have a new (to me) .410 on the way and it may turn out to be my new favorite.

Sidelock
Sidelock

always like that 410 when you post the pics Chuck,the wood,CC and the little bit of gold all blend together nicely.

I have 3 or 4 I seem to go for to miss partridge with but I guess the favorite is a Purssian Daly 16,27 1/2 barrels born in 1924 that I picked up at a country auction here in NH.There are lots of nicer and more expensive guns members have on here,and a few nicer in my safe but I have been picking this one for a while when I reach in it.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I have to agree that the SKB is underated. To me it's the same as a Browning - but for half the price. I'm not sure how mine ended up with choke tubes - barrels were cut to 26" and tubes added long before I took over as it's keeper. I have read that only a few places will attempt choke tubes on an SKB due to high chrome content in their barrels. Don't know if there's any truth to that - but I have seen alot of SKB's and none had choke tubes. Any thought on that? Makes for a light, quick handling 12, that can "adapt" to most hunting situations. Allthough not pretty to look at - it is probably the most versatile double I own.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How much drop does that gun have Dave ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a few closet queens, my Ithaca (built in 1936)is the only gun I practice with and use.

JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rabbit
I have too many doubles, none of which I shoot worth remarking, probably because I haven't had the heart or wherewithall for the necessary "butchery" (mods). I'm partial to stacked barrels(sort of a double on edge) and particularly like my old twin-single Super and would like my Merkel 200e a lot better by now if I hand't been warned off a certain barrel butcher. Sad to say, my "composed" m12 skeet gun with Colonial Arms screwins and a $30 Sile Monte Carlo on the back is the gun I've shot best for 16 yd trap, skeet, and birds. Sort of a double gun if you put in two shells? OK, I like my 12 ga. litewgt. Charlin about as well as any.

jack

Hehehe..., I sort of feel the same way jack. As much as I love doubles, I also love O/U's too. I've got two Beretta Cole Custom guns, one in 12g and the other in 20g, that I enjoy every bit as much as I do my SxS guns. The SxS shooters I shoot with give me some grief every time I show up with one of those "stacked barrelled spaghetti guns" when we get togehter to shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

HJ,
I never measured it,here it is with a couple others,maybe this picture will show it better,seems to fit me fine both drop and LOP.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Boxlock
Boxlock

I live in Nebraska and only hunt upland game birds, mostly pheasant, quail and chukars over my two female GSP's and my female Welsh Springer Spaniel.
This year I used a Merkel 1620 Combo for hunting except for a couple of times when the weather was really bad and then I used an old Laurona BLE. I will never part with the 1620 and hope to be using it 20+ years from now!!

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.