Ted;
You are simply missing the total point of anything I have said.The olny thing I have even discussed is this statenment
Originally Posted By: "Ted"
Ah, a chance to enlighten an idiot.
A Darne is a monoblock design, the originator of the concept

Now let me say it One More Time in as plain a language as I can;
"Regis Darne Did Not Originate the Concept of the Monoblock".
"Henri Pieper was some 20 years ahead of him".
Whether you have seen one of them or not is totally beside the point, nearly everybody else in the world has. We have I think given you quite adequate proof that he indeed made them "First" & in fact in very large numbers.
He made guns with two styles of monoblocks, with chopper lumps & perhaps other methods of joining as well. I am not really all that knowledgeable on just what all he did build. My one & only Pieper happens to be one of his low end hammer guns having the "Twist" bbls screwed into the front end of the " STEEL Monoblock". This is the pattern he refered to as the "Modified Diana" as opposed to the "Original Diana" as pictured above. My bbls have a smooth transition rather than the step down at end on block.
"Both Types" were produced prior to Darnes 1902 patent.
What more can I say, I have no problem with your liking a Darne. I like my Lefevers, but I am totally aware that Uncle Dan didn't invent the Shotgun any more than Regis invented the Monoblock.
Yes I am totally aware that Darne utilized the monoblock on most of their guns, most I have seen were so built, not arguing that, but he did not invent it.
Would totally love to see his patent to see just what he did patent. You do also I suppose realize that patents are not automatically renewable, that has to be applied for & is not always granted. Quite often the patent authorities rule the patentee has been amply rewarded for his "Invention" & deny any renewal, thus opening it up for anyone to use.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra