This gun will take a 10ga shell. I was able to chamber and close the gun on a factory roll crimped 10 magnum shell. I did feal a little resistance at the end as the shell slid into the forcing cone. I measured the bore at the muzzle. It appears to be.765R and .760L. This is the best I can come up with by using the tool sold by Brownells that is made like scisors. The tool will only go in 3" so I may be measuring some of the choke in the left barrel. I can see that the left barrel has a choke and the right appears to be cylinder. This gun is heavy. The barrels are pitted but they don't seem to be deep. I would think they could be honed out with safety since the barrels appear to be pretty thick. I don't have a barrel wall measuring tool. Rear of the chamber measures .852. Joe, I will post a picture of the lock interior later. It appears Roy is right in that this gun has 11ga barrels. Is there any possibility that this gun was finnished here in the states with imported metal work? Maybe R. Grove was an American. What do you make of the number stamped in the forearm wood? I would say that the #5 on the steel parts is the serial # although it isn't visible on the action. This gun came from the Baltimore area so it may have seen alot of waterfowl hunting. I believe that the stock can be repaired also. The action is fairly loose but since I am a welder I could fix that. This will be a restoration project for my retirement. I have a few of those. The price was right on this one,free. It's a wall hanger now but I think it could be an attractive gun when restored.