Can't speak for Destry, but IMO those two "dudes" look like extras for the movie based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby"--but then, I re-read my 1904 repro L.C. Smith catalogue, and talk about Dapper- almost all the gents shown were wearing hats and ties, regardless of which grade of "Elsie" they were holding. The Remington boxlocks went "South" about the same time Baker folded their tents, but if I read his bio correctly in SC, Edmund Osthaus owned and shot two ejector grade Remington doubles. All these answers to the initial question posed are really a very interesting Koan- to use a Hindu term- meaning a question that cannot be logically answered or explained. I like pre-1913 ejector 12 gauge L.C. Smiths with either 30 or 32 inch steel barrels snugly choked- because they perform well for me consistently, are more affordable in my area than Parkers or AH Foxes or Model 21's, and by staying with 12 gauges, avoid the old supply/demand ratio that makes 10 gauge-20-28 and the ridiculous .410 fetch more in the same grade and condition as your good old plain vanilla 12 bore- and I don't get raped at the GM or Cabela's stores when I buy 12 ga. shells, like they do when you want 16-28 or .410. To each his own!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..