ellenbr:
Wish I knew your name as you are a wealth of studious information of unusual soundness.
Now that the BS is posted,LOL.
This may be difficult if not impossible to ascertain with certainty.
Seven years ago some old retired workers in Suhl were interviewed with the intent of learning about Lindner and his work. The consensus was that he was known but seemed to be somewhat too private for most to have remembered more than that he was an important gunmaker that did well financially.
We were able to learn a fair amount about his personal life that was not known before. Documents were ferreted out of the few remaining paper items that were not used for the war effort. Thanks to the German penchant for recording everything. That and a few pack rats that threw out nothing !!!LOL
We were not able to locate any factory records and my thinking is that Lindner tossed them. Remember---his only child, that he trained in fine gunmaking and fully expected to take over the business, had been killed very early in the war. He must have been greatly affected and saw little left to live for.

It is entirely possible that the last very few guns were of Schuler finishing. I do not doubt that is possible. Everything I learned about this man was that he accepted nothing less than perfection in his life and would not have allowed anything that bore his mark to pass out without his approval.But, there is the supposition that his mark was used after his retirement.
Having learned this man, as well as possible so long after his working years and death, I may be in error. But, I think that he approved the Schuler building from leftovers and approved their shipment to Daly.
Therefore that last real Lindner built gun may never be known unless the Schuler records throw some light. I wish that they were available.
Best regards,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.