Originally Posted By: rabbit
I know your bent for the pastoral/metaphorical, LG, but allowing for that, I'll be damned if I'll shoot at a man over a pie! My Grandma told me a story about her grandmother. Great-great-grandmother Nancy had a visit from some of those aboriginals that Ted's on about over on the butter-soft NID thread. Seems they were interested in the pie on the windowsill. Outnumbered, husband and the older boys working, the remaining little ones underfoot and of no help, and scared to death, she gave them the pie. Imagine her relief when that's all they came for. Imagine her and her husband's surprise when they brought her deer meat later. Imagine that there may be some hungry people out there for whom a social contract remains binding on their actions. Hope and pray that there are. Stuff in all the buckshot loads that will fit but don't make someone else's necessity into a personal apocolyse if a little give-and-take will serve.

jack

An interesting concept jack, but, if these little stinkers had the ability to score some venison in the first place, I don't think they would be mess'en with your pie. Your idea does sound good in theory though.

tim