Geoff: You are right. I don't know the context. Must be some history here.

As to the S&W, Turkish guns, etc., subject, I'm not an expert in double guns. I'm a fan who owns a few. Started with a Fox from Stevens. Not very good. Then the Ithaca (SKB) "Quail Special" (20 gauge, 25-inch barrels, straight grip -- I can't hit a barn with it), an old L.C. Smith 20 gauge, Win. M21 skeet gun in 16 ga., another nondescript SKB, Lebeau sidelock, Grulla sidelock, J.P. Sauer boxlock, etc.

I'm still learning. I've hunted with the Ruger Gold Label and the Kimber Valier.

Now that I've shot the S&W guns, I think they are pretty exciting guns for the place in the market where they will land. Whether that translates to actual sales will be determined. I do know that the folks at Smith are committed to making good guns, and they are working hard at it.

I think (but don't know for sure) that these guns will be considerably higher in quality than the norm for Turkish guns. I think we will look back and see these as being in the class of the mid-level Spanish guns, which is pretty good.

But, as I say, we won't know until the guns arrive, a bunch are shot, and we see how they perform and how they stand up to a lot of shooting.

Having new doubles made in a new factory is pretty cool. Anyone who will be at the SHOT Show in Orlando should muscle their way into the booth to see and handle them.