Tom,
I'll admit a small prejudice against Turkish made guns - and openly admit it's a prejudice, not based on personal experience but on fear of the unknown/untested - and it has nothing to do with politics or concern that Turkey may convert a SxS factory to nuclear weapons production. My fear is these guns won't survive 10-20,000 shells.

Back to what I want in a new SxS, I'm basically agreeing with the request for a clay target gun config;
  • Balance - barrel contours designed by tort lawyers don't balance well IMO,
  • An option for long barrels; 30" or 32",
  • No bulged muzzles to accomadate fat choke tubes (fixed or thinwalls, either are OK with me),
  • Durability - this means proper steel and hardening of parts - polishing of the internals is meaningless in comparison. I think S&W might allay some fears by openly discussing steel types and hardening processes for internal parts,
  • No gaudy overblown engraving with little gold plated birds flitting about - keep it simple or leave it off. A little bit of elegant hand work is preferable to 100% coverage of photo-etched. The old superposed grade I is a good example of what I mean.
  • Option, or standard!, for a long LOP, The American gun standard of 14 1/4" LOP fits the standard 1930's era American man but us boomers are mostly bigger (Remington, hear me? Probably not, too busy going over re-org plans).
  • High grade wood without an epoxy finish. Option is fine.

I don't expect your friends at S&W to provide all those features for $2K.