Dog water and people water. I carry the dog water in a plastic gas can. I like the bottled water for carrying water for me. I refill the used empties to carry water for my dogs and Joe Wood.

I carry one of those jumper battery deals in case I leave the key in the "On" posiition and run down the battery - which I did yesterday at the field trail.

Last year while hunting around Carlsbad, New Mexico I got lost and couldn't find the truck and couldn't read the GPS cause I didn't have my cheaters. So add glasses if you are hunting in a strange place and using GPS or maps and can't see up close.

Maps

I carry spare shells in .410, 28ga, 20ga, 16ga and 12 gauge, which I sell at $10 per cartridge to my friends who forget to bring their shells.

I always carry rain coats, really warm coats, and several different sizes of Walmart fleece jackets, which I layer.

And a spare shell/game vest, which I rent out to my buddies that forget theirs for $20 per day.

Duct tape

Dog boots

Comfortable shoes and dry socks for the ride home (thank you Joe Wood)

Last checklist before I get in to leave for the hunt: Dogs, Guns, Shells, Boots.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.