Quote:
"To those who talk about "third world" conditions in America, I have to ask: have you actually spent any time in real Third World countries? Anyone who has, knows the comparison is absurd."

I spent around three weeks in Brazil a couple of years ago and have made countless trips to Mexico,Belize and other South American "paradises". The trip to Brazil almost killed me as I contacted Whooping Cough and Walking Pneumonia while there. It took over three months to recover and I still have a residual cough. No you don't have anyone living in a shantytown in Massachusetts that I know about but I stand by my comparison. The last time I was in Springfield it looked like a ghetto. It was a great City when I was growing up. Oh there's worse,a lot worse, go take a tour of the South side of Chicago some time. There's NO question whatsoever that we have people living in third world conditions here and anyone who hasn't seen this has led a very sheltered life.
I could really get enthused with a candidate that would stand up and say "Screw the Arabs and screw the countries who dislike us but have their hands out for foreign aid. We're done fighting other countries wars and subsidizing your crooked governments. We're taking these resources and using them to rebuild the infrastructure here."
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 09/03/08 03:06 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.