"...if it's true..." ?? oooohKAY, since you put it that way. short version: 1967 medallion grade bolt rifle 300winmag, specifically asked and was told was salt free no problems. shows up. rust on crossbolts. pull from stock. rust down right side of receiver and barrel. called immediately. don't recall the name of who i talked to but conversation along lines of "gun was fine when it left here. something happened to it during transit." "has been 2 days, box was unopened, undamaged" "well, 1967 wasn't even a problem year for brownings!" (!! really?) "look. the gun has a salt wood problem and visible rust. am i allowed to send it back or not?" "WELL SEND IT BACK THEN!" i got my money back and a nice letter from someone who's name i also don't recall. but IMHO i should not have had to pay any shipping on that item period. it was misrepresented. i think i've still got copies of the snail mail and their check stub. should i send you pics of it?

the gun got reposted with no mention of salt, and showed up on another dealers site soon after still w/ no mention of salt and 50% higher.

roger