Originally Posted By: GregSY
I looked on GB and at the auction - is a 3 day inspection period a mandatory GB policy? I couldn't find it.

no, a 3 day inspection period is not mandatory. there's a pull-down list ranging from "as is" to i don't even know what. i always set mine at 3 days w/o any caveats and figure anything beyond that prospective buyers can negotiate ahead of time.

inspection periods are a nebulous, dicey thing and need to be clearly understood by both parties up front under what circumstances things can be returned. personally, on a long distance gun buy i want the option of returning something simply because i don't like it and thus consider things i sell the same way. so far i've only had 2 items out of almost 900 returned on ebay and i refunded the shipping on those just because of the slightest possiblity of an error.

i figure if a buyer is willing to take the risk on shipping on a long-distance sight unseen buy (and let's face it, no amount of photo's render this sight unseen) the least i can do is take it back if, once he sees and handles it, he just flat doesn't like it.

but again, this all needs to be very precisely agreed upon ahead of time.

roger

as an aside, i've found gunbroker buyers very disappointing. ebayers, i run about 1 or 2 at the most out of every 100 i wish had never had anything to do with. gunbroker it runs more like one out of 3. slow payment, lousy communication, won't abide by terms of the add, try to dictate their own conditions, no feedback. several times i've had to call the receiving dealer just to see if the buyer ever even picked the gun up.