June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (LeFusil, jake van dyke, 1 invisible), 517 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,579
Posts546,660
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Guys- I know this may be a little OT(??) but does anyone have any experience with 'tuning' the trigger pull on a Bond Arms 2 bbl Snake Slayer? .... I just can't get used to the hard pull/unique finger contact with these guns....Any help is appreciated.... Thanks

Last edited by Doug Waterman; 07/08/08 11:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For one don't pull back on the trigger pull down.You can lighten the spring alot and the gun will still have enough power/hammer speed to fire.Bond are the best and American missed out now listening to the man when he worked for them.If you put a little tap at the bottom of the trigger makeing it easier to pull downward it helps alot. When you pull the trigger do it like your tring to get your finger to hit the backside bottom of the grip.Cut the spring,two loops is not to much but a good start.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Amigo-
Thanks for the suggestion on trimming the spring... The pulling down and back motion is still foreign to me...(old dog- new trick, I guess)......

Sidelock
Sidelock

After the spring is lightened it will be an easier concept.I've prolly done fifty of these fine little guns and its needed for serious carry. Unlike most guns you can't just sit around watching T.V. and work the action to lighten them up and smooth them out as they are just to overbuilt.Once you get it where you want it then the next step is to remove the front site and drill and tap for a glow in the dark metpolight shotgun bead. If you don't want to tackle it youself I think most small machine shops will do it for about twenty bucks

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Amigo-
I have 3 BBLs for this little beauty(.410/45LC, .357 Mag/38spl,
and .45ACP)... I haven't figured out which one I want to carry yet.
Can you (or anyone else) explain why Bond doesn't put a shell extractor on the .45ACP bbls?.... Thanks-Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

The extractors don't do that great of a job with cases that have big rims alot of the time.I would guess they could probably design the extractor for the 45acp but with the parts being so small,for sure the extractor spring it may be just effort that won't realy work anyway.
The .410 is great for carry as the foe can not only see the gun but that big shell almost peeking out the end of the barrel. I had a friend load up some 340 gr.JDJ bullets that would crony at 600fps out of a 4 1/2" barrel figureing they would give me about 450fps out off the 1 1/2" of barrel left after the round was loaded.You could shoot it but it wasn't fun so I went with a standard soft lead 250gr at the same speed and it does fine.
The .410 shell just makes the best sence for this gun and its purpose.This gun is made to get you out of Dodge not have a upper hand at the OK corral.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Amigo....Understand...Thanks for all your help....-Doug

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.