June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (irs, Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 541 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,581
Posts546,695
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn’t know. I never shot it, as it was cast a mile off. Cleaned it, sold it, but, not to you, remember?

Seem to think an actual English gunmaker offered you some advice, but, you knew better than him.

Just like always.

Best,
Ted

3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Buzz, keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Wouldn’t know. I never shot it, as it was cast a mile off. Cleaned it, sold it, but, not to you, remember?

Seem to think an actual English gunmaker offered you some advice, but, you knew better than him.

Just like always.

Best,
Ted

What english gunsmith advice was that?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

For the sake of argument and as an example of a great "No Excuses" original Model 21,
see the link below.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=646573#Post646573

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof

Just like always.

Best,
Ted

That would be Graham, an English gunmaker who posts as “gunman”, who gave you a huge clue, based on a life long career as an English gunmaker, that you discounted and ignored. Because, you, are you.

This post:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=586704&page=3

Not surprised at all you don’t remember.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just like always.

Best,
Ted

That would be Graham, an English gunmaker who posts as “gunman”, who gave you a huge clue, based on a life long career as an English gunmaker, that you discounted and ignored. Because, you, are you.

This post:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=586704&page=3

Best,
Ted

I'm not sure what that has to do with that Darne that you used to own and that I bought on your advice. I thought you might be referring to JJ Perodeau, who told me that it is quite common for Darnes to be poorly or simply unregulated. Sadly, I did not speak to him until after I bought it. I did listen to you prior to buying it, however, since you had owned that particular gun. That proved to be a somewhat costly mistake.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure what that has to do with that Darne that you used to own and that I bought on your advice. I thought you might be referring to JJ Perodeau, who told me that it is quite common for Darnes to be poorly or simply unregulated. Sadly, I did not speak to him until after I bought it. I did listen to you prior to buying it, however, since you had owned that particular gun. That proved to be a somewhat costly mistake.

Geez Ted, the Nutty Professor is obsessed with blaming you for the way a gun you never fired patterned.

So as I understand this sad tale, you briefly owned this Darne, but did nothing more than cleaned it and then sold it to someone else. And that person subsequently sold it to the Nutty Professor, apparently without disclosing if he ever shot it or knew of any patterning problems. And now we are cursed with hearing the Nutty Professor cry about it for all eternity, and blame you for the way it patterned. That's just pathetic on so many levels.

I read through the other Thread you provided the link to, and the Nutty Professor complained that:

The patterns were essentially tangential and remained so over any distance or load that I wished to try. I'd bet it was the gun, not the shooter.

So I would take this statement to mean that the patterns resulting from firing both barrels would be something like a figure 8... with the eight laying on its' side, or horizontally.

And it did that at any distance or with any load. So that would mean that the center of each barrels' pattern had to be diverging at pretty much the same rate as the patterns were opening up as distance increased. Since a correctly regulated double will have patterns that converge and cross at some point, wouldn't you think there would almost have to be a noticeably unusual spread or solder gap between the muzzles?

But here, we have the Nutty Professor claiming that JJ Perodeau says Darne's are quite commonly "poorly or simply unregulated". I know Darne's aren't the most popular shotgun in this country, but there are a lot of them. And we do have plenty of guys from other countries posting here. So it seems odd that only the Nutty Professor is crying that they are prone to poor regulation. And you are the logical scapegoat in his mind, even though he knows you never fired the gun, let alone actually patterned it. And he didn't buy it from you. That's just nuts.

You know, this all sounds eerily similar to the tale of woe the Nutty Professor told us when he blew up his Rock Island Arsenal built Springfield Model 1903 Rifle. He blamed the rifle, and the proven handload. He blamed the powder used. He blamed everything except his own carelessness. But when he sold the remains and metallurgical testing was done, the results showed that even though the heat treatment wasn't optimal, the blow-up was caused by a single high pressure event... which sounds like a careless reloading error.

Some people just aren't wired to ever admit to being wrong. This makes me think the Darne in question was probably just fine, but the Nutty Professor just couldn't shoot it well due to flinching or perhaps some dystonia problems induced by French guns. I also wonder who bought that Darne, and if the Nutty Professor disclosed the problem he keeps whining about. It would be interesting to hear from that buyer to get another version of how it actually patterns.

Then there was this from another Thread... Where are the Civility and Poor Manners Police when you need them?

Only for you, Ted. And that I do not really care about.

A ''rifle thingy'' is certainly above your bar, but take notes. Someday you might catch up.

And one more ' thingy''. It ain't all about you. Get over yourself.

How many rifles have you blown up Ted? If the answer is zero... then "Someday you might catch up"... to this Nutty Professor who is carrying a Darne grudge. And then, who will you blame???

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just like always.

Best,
Ted

This post:

Best,
Ted

How so?

It was an R10, in really decent condition. You didn't pay an arm or a leg for it, well below $2K would be my guess. I'd also guess it sold for a bit less than what you paid for it, but, not what most people would consider "costly".

Did you give it to somebody?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Blown up exactly zero guns in my life, Keith.

Same as the very. very, very, great majority who post here.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

BrentD! BrentD! For cryin' out loud. Give these poor Trump supporters a break, will you?! Keith and some of the rest of them are having a hard enough time as it is! Remember about three weeks ago when I said that Trump was trying to convince the republicans to decline the money going to Ukraine so that more innocent women and children could be slaughtered by Putin? And to stop money going to Thailand? Didn't my prediction come true? Remember when Keith and Ted called me a liar and said it wouldn't happen? Now they had to watch their pro-gun republicans jump ship and vote with anti-gunner Biden to send money to these countries for aide. EVEN THE REPUBLICAN SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE backed Biden!! So for cryin' out loud. Keith and Ted are having a tough time seeing all of this. So leave them alone. Do what I've done- put them on your ignore list and ignore them. The only time I see what they say is when you quote them. If you want some entertainment, look around the courtroom for Trump's wife to back him up. She's not there!! It's hilarious that the only one rally that she has been to (he probably had to pay her to do it) he tried to hold her hand. Watch her body movement. She stuck her hand in her pocket so she wouldn't have to touch that guy. Ha-ha!! Hopefully BrentD, Trump will get elected again. We'll have four more years of comedy relief- Trump selling his Chinese shirts on tv. Trump boarding his plane with three feet of toilet paper sticking to his shoe. Trump saying he's pro-gun then turning around and banning the bump stock. And doing other hilarious things to entertain the country. You don't have to be a pro-gun democrat. You can be a pro- gun independent. Keith has to watch his republican Majorie Taylor Greene get booed by other republicans. The other republicans are against her and saying she is having a childish temper tantrum. That makes Ted's and keith's brains bounce around like a jelly jar full of June bugs seeing this. So, please- ignore these guys. Things are so much more pleasant when these guys are off by themselves. Okay? Take care, buddy. smile

Last edited by Jimmy W; 05/10/24 09:50 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever. I’d still rather have Trump than the commie rats

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.