June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Der Ami, Jimmy W, Ted Schefelbein), 400 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,583
Posts546,721
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim Wolf
CSMC took me to the cleaners on both a Model 21 and an A10.

Spend a little time doing some research on the net before spending your money. Their "No return" policy is there for a reason.

Exact same story I have witnessed, more than once. There is a single trigger 16 floating around that has never worked correctly, save curing people in a small circle of wanting anything to do with CSMC.

The prices asked on used guns in their advertising should be a big hint.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Buzz
Sidelock
Sidelock

My story, I ordered a 21 with a set of 20 and 28 gauge barrels. Both 30". I could not hit the side of a barn with the 20 gauge barrels. I have heard they do not do a good job of regulating

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was recently “BONED” by the undesirables in Connecticut after a decade of purchases totalling well over six figures.
A quick 3k worth of immediate ill gotten gain was worth more to these geniuses than a long commercial relationship plus any future purchases.
Funny how “Like New”, “Original” and “Virtually Unfired” means different things to different people.

To the OP,
Buy Vintage from a reputable dealer or private party. Just my .02.

1 member likes this: Buzz
Boxlock
Boxlock

I have bought a few guns from them over the years now I’ve been very happy treating me very well. I know they handle a lot of guns. I’m not sticking up for them, but there are two sides every story I was at the southern side-by-side and bought another gun from them and and about Model 21 single trigger and regulation. The guy that won most of the tournament was using one of their guns I bought a gun for them last year for $6000. I couldn’t shoot it. I put it in an auction a pretty big one. And I netted $11,600 so I’m pretty happy and I bought from them at Southern. I was walking around with it other dealers wanted to buy it from me, but I didn’t wanna sell it. I had come into some money lately and I’ve been buying guns from them and others and another dealer and I am doing pretty well

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by aw1776
I have bought a few guns from them over the years now I’ve been very happy treating me very well. I know they handle a lot of guns. I’m not sticking up for them, but there are two sides every story I was at the southern side-by-side and bought another gun from them and and about Model 21 single trigger and regulation. The guy that won most of the tournament was using one of their guns I bought a gun for them last year for $6000. I couldn’t shoot it. I put it in an auction a pretty big one. And I netted $11,600 so I’m pretty happy and I bought from them at Southern. I was walking around with it other dealers wanted to buy it from me, but I didn’t wanna sell it. I had come into some money lately and I’ve been buying guns from them and others and another dealer and I am doing pretty well
Future's so bright, you gotta wear shades. Was Chris Farley your mentor? Wow...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Ken Nelson, LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a 1937 vintage Modrl 21 SxS 12 ga with double triggers and splinter fore end. It had new wood on it that looked factory new. I also had a CSMC over/under 20 ga model 21 in inventory at the time. The wood looked identical on both guns. Same color, same finish. They won't admit it but I believe they are making new wood using factory patterns and restocking vintage guns. They have all the Winchester tooling and patterns to do it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, certainly they are "making" new wood using factory patterns and restocking vintage guns. You stated that your 1937 gun had new wood on it. So what else is new? What exactly is your point? Please clarify.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I shoot a CSMC Model 21 .22 rifle and it seems to work just fine. If it ever breaks down, at this price, I expect Tony will take care of me. In my opinion, and in my experience, he will do what is right.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Vol423
I bought a 1937 vintage Model 21 SxS 12 ga with double triggers and splinter fore end. It had new wood on it that looked factory new. I also had a CSMC over/under 20 ga model 21 in inventory at the time. The wood looked identical on both guns. Same color, same finish. They won't admit it but I believe they are making new wood using factory patterns and restocking vintage guns. They have all the Winchester tooling and patterns to do it.
Tony Galazan used to come to the National Gun Day Gun Show in Louisville 25 years or so, ago, when he first took over the Model 21 business. I could tell by his older 21s that he was buying up all the 21s he could, rebuilding them, maybe putting new wood on them and selling them for a profit. Nothing wrong or illegal about that. He never denied it. He is the authorized dealer now. Jaqua's just had a 12 gauge Model 21, with the old style wood (buttstock) on it, last fall/winter with double triggers that they said was rebuilt by Galazan. Someone bought it a couple months ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not trying to derail this thread ?

I agree this gun is in wonderful original condition but what do you have to smoke to profess this unfired? Trigger wear, cartridge circles (specifically primer rings ) on the standing breech.
Short of being sealed in an original box it’s a bold claim to begin with but photos sure don’t back it up in my opinion.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1049205196

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.