June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushveld, eeb, JDH, 1 invisible), 550 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,577
Posts546,576
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anybody use this stuff to clean gun stock?
It's made in the UK.

Renaissance Micro-Crystalline Wax Polish

http://www.picreator.co.uk/articles/3_renaissance_wax.htm

Vernal

Sidelock
Sidelock

I use it on my EJ Churchill side lock, and all my other guns too, stock and metal. Use their Pre-lim to clean, then the renaissance wax to lustre and protect.
Brilliant stuff, designed for and used by museum curators for wood, metal, leather, paper, you name it. Super protective, and can be removed from surface if needed. It's expensive, but a little goes a LONG, long way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't use anything else on the exterior surface of my guns. Renaissance Wax is the best protection I've found in over 40 years of firearms ownership and maintenance.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, I use it also,nice product. One thing to remember when using this wax, don't let it harden too long. What I do is wax one side of the stock, then the other, go back and buff the first side you did. If it hardend too much, it's a bear to get off.

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

I use it as added protection for "French" greyed engraving scenes and with a tiny bit of lamp black mixed in it really highlights the engraving.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have used Renaissance Wax to protect wood and metal on vintage duck hunting guns. It certainly added good protection for a gun used in a tough environment. I still have my can of Renaissance Wax but I have retired from the duck hunting and now stick with the sunlit uplands during the hunting season.

Rich
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would own it,as long as I owned guns...forever.

Jerry

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the advice fellas.
Greg, great tip on the application process.

So let me know if this is the the proper process:
1) Clean with damp terry cloth and dry.
2) Apply wax
3) Buff promptly with soft cloth

Any other recommendations?

Vernal

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Vernal Pike
Thanks for the advice fellas.
Greg, great tip on the application process.

So let me know if this is the the proper process:
1) Clean with damp terry cloth and dry.
2) Apply wax
3) Buff promptly with soft cloth

Any other recommendations?

Vernal

That's what I do. Let it dry a couple minutes,you don't have to buff right away.

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

For anyone reading this in Canada, I use Conservator's Wax from Lee Valley. It's a private label house brand from Lee Valley that is essentially the same product as Renaissance Wax but less than half the price from Canadian sources of Renaissance. Gotta love Lee Valley!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.