doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: khanh Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 09:40 PM
This was posted recently on another forum that I browse.

"posted 12 December 2013 23:52
If you're into older SxS shotguns, I have a head's up. Ed Good in NH is an appraiser, and lists many older classic SxS shotguns on Gun Broker. I bought a vintage SxS from this company, but when I mounted the barrels, they were loose. I tried to return it, but was told that since the action is tight when the forend is attached, it is "shootable", and no return would be accepted. The forend is a part of the action's lock-up (???). I sent him several articles on checking a SxS for wear looseness just as I had done, and he said that was a matter of opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his listings are beater guns, waiting for sale with no chance of return, to become someone else's headache. Steer clear.

Posted By: terc Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 09:54 PM
khanh, Do you really think it's appropriate to spread negative posts with out knowing both sides of the story?
terc
Posted By: cadet Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 10:11 PM
"for proper function, forend should not fall off when gun is fired...everything else is cosmetic." - Ed Good, here in another thread today.

Which is it Ed?: the forend merely needs to stay in place (only when fired, at that), or the forend is a critical piece of a gun's lockup?

To this bloke, colour case hardening is a dangerous and imprecise process which destroys metallurgy; waving a propane torch over the action is the best way to get those pretty colours and achieve the correct temper etc...
Posted By: bgl0b6 Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 10:14 PM
I do,thanks for the heads up.How did you pay for it?I always pay with a U S Post Office money order,especially on guns.They do investigate fraud and prosicute it.
Posted By: Gunflint Charlie Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 11:16 PM
Khanh, I saw your original post before you deleted it. I don't agree with terc, wish you hadn't removed it. The post gave Ed the opportunity to respond, and I'd be interested to hear what he offers as his side of the story.

Jay
Posted By: khanh Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 11:27 PM
I agree. Ed does live here and he can explain what he means.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 11:31 PM
Years ago, when I first got the old gun bug and was looking to buy my first SxS, I nearly went for a Fox Ed Good had for sale.

I know only a little now, but back then I knew nothing. Just a foolish babe in the woods. I recall it was a Fox with very pretty colours. Soooo glad I opted to make my first purchase from another.
Posted By: bgl0b6 Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 11:43 PM
Ed has replyed to me twice in e-mail,all I did was say thanks for the heads up and have since received 2 threatening e-mails from him calling me a coward and asking me which rock I crawled out from under.Cant believe this web sight would even allow such activity as to threaten some one.I said nothing personable about him directly,only that thanks for the heads up
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/12/13 11:46 PM
bg: I sent you private emails. your making that fact public here just confirms my low opinion of your character.

I will not respond to nonsense here, but may do so down below in misfires.
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: ed good
bg: I sent you private emails. your making that fact public here just confirms my low opinion of your character.

I will not respond to nonsense here, but may do so down below in misfires.

Take some advice bg:

Stay right here and stand by your convictions.

ed good has turned Misfires into his own cesspool of mindless bilge.

(but some seem to enjoy his brand of "nonsense"...)
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:05 AM
et te bb?
Posted By: bgl0b6 Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:07 AM
you sent me threatening pm's to me and they come to my e-mail,you call me a coward,I have said nothing about you personally and yet you have a low oppinion of me?I am not the one attacking you,you have taken this on yourselfI still find it hard to believe a moderator of this sight has not booted you yet for such threats
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:57 AM
hey numnuts: you are the one who made things public here. not me.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:57 AM
Here is Ed bragging about his bogus return policy.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=346837#Post346837

Here is a thread on Upland Journal-note eds use of the "bent lever" to make gun look tight discussed-along with his torch work.

http://www.uplandjournal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard312a/ikonboard.cgi?act=Print;f=1;t=31217

Another bent lever trick thread;

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=31077&page=2

More Ed 1 threads (a google search will bring up more then you can read-torched guns,deceptive adds,ripped off customers and it goes on and on.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=53571&page=1

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=30933&page=1

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130206&page=7

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=130454&page=4

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=128706&page=6
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:58 AM
gee dave: feel better now...
Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:01 AM
Ed your a crook !

Its just a matter of time before one of those guns blows up and you end up court.Either that or you call the wrong person names and he ends up at YOUR front door !
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:06 AM
dave: why do you call me a crook? have we ever done business? ah don tink so...
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 02:14 AM
Gentlemen...Please be advised that this is a public forum.

Any time you post you expose yourself to the risk of being virtually [censored]-slapped by another member.

Honestly...not my problem that's why mis-fires is here so you guys can hack each other to death via benign text phrases.

If I see any crap on the main forum I'll move it here...That will be the extent of my involvement.

I keep getting moderator notifications from some of you...I acknowledge getting them...Please refer to the above comment for my position.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 02:37 AM
Good answer Dave.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 02:54 AM
Originally Posted By: khanh

If you're into older SxS shotguns, I have a head's up. Ed Good in NH is an appraiser, and lists many older classic SxS shotguns on Gun Broker. I bought a vintage SxS from this company, but when I mounted the barrels, they were loose. I tried to return it, but was told that since the action is tight when the forend is attached, it is "shootable", and no return would be accepted. The forend is a part of the action's lock-up (???). I sent him several articles on checking a SxS for wear looseness just as I had done, and he said that was a matter of opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his listings are beater guns, waiting for sale with no chance of return, to become someone else's headache. Steer clear.

Khan could you please ask that poster if ed good also gave him a lecture on the evils of sport hunting and made him agree not to use that off-face/loose gun in sport hunting? ed is against sport hunting and is a PETA supporter and I wondered if he integrated those beliefs with his business.

Thanks!

Mike
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: bgl0b6
you sent me threatening pm's to me and they come to my e-mail,you call me a coward,I have said nothing about you personally and yet you have a low oppinion of me?I am not the one attacking you,you have taken this on yourselfI still find it hard to believe a moderator of this sight has not booted you yet for such threats

bg when ed threatened me in private messages I copied and posted them in a new post in the main forum for everybody to see. If you want I will dig that thread and the post out for you. I despise bullying.

Really ed, if you are going to sell a product you ought to have some fundamental knowledge about that product. If the gun is loose/off-face without the forend then it is loose/off face. And if you are going to claim to have a return policy then you ought to actually accept returns. And you should pay shipping both ways as the gun was not as described. But your hypocrisy doesn't seem to bother you much so probably that poor buyer is stuck.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 06:23 AM
Originally Posted By: terc
khanh, Do you really think it's appropriate to spread negative posts with out knowing both sides of the story?
terc

Sounds to me we just heard both sides of the story....loose gun sold by Ed the terch' and no return accepted.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 06:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave K
Ed your a crook !

Its just a matter of time before one of those guns blows up and you end up court.Either that or you call the wrong person names and he ends up at YOUR front door !

Hope they don't show up with a gun they bought from him...it might shoot back wards.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 12:25 PM
hey numnuts: you are the one who made things public here. not me.
That word is more properly spelled "Numbnuts" Ed. Do you use the spell check on your computer?
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:02 PM
ok bg, you low down back stabbing bushwacker, now that your little thread is down here with the other low down back stabbing bushwackers, why did you start this mess? who are you, where are you? or do you prefer to remain a coward like so many others here and hide behind a phony name....

and what is bgl0bg? is that the id stenciled on your prison uniform?
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:21 PM
khanh: same question...who the hell are you? and where are you? you sound like a real little weasel...
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:25 PM
I am getting to old for this...I don't have the patience to deal with naughty little children...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:32 PM
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

My oh my, what a wonderful day
Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:36 PM
Mike,

Ed is a sick person, he needs medical attention-meds,look at the last 2 pages of BS he has posted.

I am not a physiologist but this might apply.

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8098031
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 01:48 PM
Mike,Ed is a sick person, he needs medical attention-meds,look at the last 2 pages of BS he has posted.

I can see your point.

But ed more reminds me of Mr. Haney from "Green Acres"

Wikipedia - Mr. Haney

But then Mr. Haney was always cordial. ed's attempted bullying of bg in PMs and on this thread is really ugly. Reminds me of the stereotypical school bully. What in the world does ed think he can do to bg or anyone else on this board? Delusions of Grandeur?

Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Mike,Ed is a sick person, he needs medical attention-meds,look at the last 2 pages of BS he has posted.

I can see your point.

Wikipedia - Mr. Haney

But then Mr. Haney was always cordial. ed's attempted bullying of bg in PMs and on this thread is really ugly. Reminds me of the stereotypical school bully. What in the world does ed think he can do to bg or anyone else on this board? Delusions of Grandeur?

Could well be,he is delusional-or uses it to defraud people(like Madoff),he has some sort of hyper ADD thing going on-look at the over 20 threads posted by him,he is a bully yes on the internet but in person I bet he is a wimp.He hides his fraud by selling on the internet-never in person at gun shows or a store,he uses deceptive pictures in his adds and on and on.

Perhaps if we all just ignored him-no more posts in his threads he will go away and get help.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/13/13 02:50 PM
Under the surface, ed's true attitude is one of hostility and an urge to control others. He see's himself as being larger than life and tends to consider himself the "authority" on any number of subjects. Since he lies compulsively, and because he feels no guilt about lying, his lies have become believable (to himself).

He needs our attention to feed the monster within...hence the number of post and comments.
Posted By: BPGuy Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 03:44 AM
"Name calling is the last bastion of the out-argued". In other words, when you have run out of facts to back up your position, the tendency is to resort to name-calling. And since Ed started with name calling in this topic, well, come to your own conclusions.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 04:16 AM

I can see your point.

Wikipedia - Mr. Haney

Could well be,he is delusional-or uses it to defraud people(like Madoff),he has some sort of hyper ADD thing going on-look at the over 20 threads posted by him,he is a bully yes on the internet but in person I bet he is a wimp.He hides his fraud by selling on the internet-never in person at gun shows or a store,he uses deceptive pictures in his adds and on and on.

Perhaps if we all just ignored him-no more posts in his threads he will go away and get help.
Green Acres- maybe, but I tend to think of our friend and resident PITA as more like Mr. Hankey from South Park!!
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 02:15 PM
ok bg, you low down back stabbing bushwacker, now that your little thread is down here with the other low down back stabbing bushwackers, why did you start this mess? who are you, where are you? or do you prefer to remain a coward like so many others here and hide behind a phony name....

and what is bgl0bg? is that the id stenciled on your prison uniform?

ed I have reviewed bg's posts on this thread and you definitely owe him an apology. He wrote nothing offensive. You threatened him. He reported your threats which is within the rules, even though you would rather they be kept "private".

So how about it ed, are you going to apologize to bg?
Posted By: jerry66stl Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 02:46 PM
ED,

The upright and proper action to take is to offer the buyer his money back, plus postage. It was your gun, your decription, and your sale. Be a MAN, and take it back.

JERRY
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 03:58 PM
about 99% of the people I have done business with over the years are ok... occasionally, one o dem one percenters comes along...I try very hard to weed erm out, but once in a while one of erm slips thru da screen.
Posted By: craigd Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 05:11 PM
Ahh see, then why'd you start the 'on the face' thread. Hopefully not for just a pat on the back. Regardless of 'yours truly' wallet, seems like Mr. customer has a valid point and isn't just a thistle.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 05:43 PM
Ed, I'm involved in sales and have been for 35 years. I have always sold to the wholesale market rather than the general public and so the pool of potential customers is quite small. In my industry less than 1000. So I know all about being ethical with my customers....otherwise the pool gets too small. When you screw people, they tend not to buy from you again. The only ones I throw away are those who aren't ethical with me.

It's not about the 99% that don't clue into your deceptive practices...it is about the 1% who do.
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 06:46 PM
I guess when all is said and done, my business practices are based on what works for me. so long as I continue achieve my sales goals, then I will continue to do business as usual...if that changes, then my practices will change or I will go out of business...
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 06:56 PM
... I will continue to do business as usual...if that changes, then my practices will change or I will go out of business...

Although we can only hope for the latter...

P. T. Barnum's axiom keeps him afloat:

"There's a [gun] sucker born every minute."
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 07:45 PM
bb: you sound like one of my competitors...course, we really don't know who you are or where you are or what you are, do we?

but, then you have lots of company here, don't you?
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 11:20 PM
khanh: I tried to send you a private message, but was unable to do so. I see from your profile that you claim to be a physican located in Austin, texas...

suggest you read the thread "BOARD RULES" recently started in misfires.

please be so kind as to tell me where you found the libelous information that you posted on this web site...if you do so, your cooperation will not be forgotten...it is one thing to conduct harmless banter here. it is quite another thing to spread slanderous, libelous rumors that could affect ones livelihood...as a physican, perhaps dealing with the public, certainly you would agree?
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 11:25 PM
PM received from Ed Good today:

"canvasback: suggest you read the thread "BOARD RULES" in misfires. sincerely, ed good"

My response:

"Ed, thanks for the reminder. I did.

BTW, There is nothing I have written that could remotely be considered libelous. I consider this to be an attempt to intimidate me.

To use your expression, silly little boy.

Ed, I liked King's comments to you earlier today. Noting your regularly upbeat and enthusiastic personality as it comes across here. I like your wide range of interests as you sometimes display by the themes of your threads.

What I don't like is your silly attempts to change the views of EVERYONE here regarding case hardening. Science is not on your side. I think there is a certain hypocrisy in earning money by selling hunting guns yet trying to convince others not to hunt. And I don't like your business practices, as near as I can ascertain them.

Those are personal views. On occasion I don't mind sharing them with the board but it's not my mission in life to convince others to my views.

Finally, I would suggest that sending PM's to various members in an attempt at intimidation is probably a bad strategy. These messages, yours and mine, will be made public, as soon as I finish my dinner.

Regards,

James Roblin
aka Canvasback
Posted By: bgl0b6 Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/14/13 11:36 PM
Just recieved another e-mail notification from Ed,this time threatening me with legal actions for things I said about him.First of all I never said anything about him personally a,I know nothing about him,second the things I said were in general about how to deal with being ripped off on internet,happens every day and there are ways to deal with them if you pay by USPS money orders,my comments did not specify Ed in any way.The other thing I said was thank you for the heads up on the deal.Ed go ahead and waste your money and try to take me to court,I have in no way said anything about you personally.I have not responded to any of your posts until now.I still cannot believe this web site has not banded you for the threatening e-mails you are sending to me.As for the web sites responce to this I am never going to come here again anyway,I dont appreciate my e-mail box filled with your kind of trash.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:16 AM
Follow up from Ed Good to me via PM today:

james: just giving fair warning... data is being collected. weather your posts here are subject legal action against you is not up to me nor you. be aware that my attoney has colleagues licensed to practice in Ontario...it is one thing to conduct friendly banter here. it is quite another thing to spread slanderous, libelous rumors that could affect ones livelihood...

and as for making private messages public, well that is generally considered as untrustworthy behavior by one of low character...and that is up to you to decide. sincerely, ed good

Ed, I didn't initiate a PM with you. I never asked that our correspondence, such as it is, be kept private and reading a PM from you is not an explicit or implicit agreement to keep that correspondence private.

If you want to communicate with me on the subjects you have raised, you might as well do it in the thread. If you want to waste your money and your lawyer's associates' time in Ontario, be my guest.
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:38 AM
yep: untrustworthy behavior by one of low character...

it is one thing to conduct friendly banter here. it is quite another thing to spread slanderous, libelous rumors that could affect ones livelihood...

an back: here is your recent post up in the regular forum that prompted me respect you enough to send you a private message regarding your potentially libelous posts here:

I'm not sure "one of Ed's best customers" and "long term investment firearms portfolio" really go together.

I've looked at lots of your ads over the years Ed, and forgetting all the issues that get raised here about the quality of restoration work that may have been done, even a relative newbie like me knows you aren't in the investment grade collectible business. At least not with shotguns.

that sounds libelous to me...enough is enough, already...fair warning has been given.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 03:40 AM
My opinion:

ed cheated the man when he did not allow him to return that loose off-face double gun. ed should have also paid for the return shipping.

ed has cheated many many people in his all his business endeavors.

ed is a bully. And all his talk of libel and lawyers is hot air. ed bullied bg and tried to bully canvasback. Don't know who else got threatening PMs. I didn't.

ed good has no morals or principles. He will intimidate, cheat, lie, steal, whatever he needs to do to get what he thinks he wants.

I'm not sure "one of Ed's best customers" and "long term investment firearms portfolio" really go together.

End of my opinion.

I am going to post my opinions on this thread once a day every day until I either hear from ed's lawyer or Dave asks me to stop or March 31, 2014, whichever comes first.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:20 AM
yep: untrustworthy behavior by one of low character...

it is one thing to conduct friendly banter here. it is quite another thing to spread slanderous, libelous rumors that could affect ones livelihood...

an back: here is your recent post up in the regular forum that prompted me respect you enough to send you a private message regarding your potentially libelous posts here:

I've looked at lots of your ads over the years Ed, and forgetting all the issues that get raised here about the quality of restoration work that may have been done, even a relative newbie like me knows you aren't in the investment grade collectible business. At least not with shotguns.

that sounds libelous to me...enough is enough, already...fair warning has been given.

Ed, of all the things I have said recently, I am most surprised you took offense to this. ( That's not true. I would have been more surprised if you took offense to my post in your Christmas video thread.) Mostly because I wasn't trying to denigrate the quality of firearms I have seen listed by you. I was making an observation of what category the shotguns I had seen, listed by you, would fall into.

In any market there are sellers that offer similar wares that are differentiated by quality and price. Think Honda and Mercedes. Both are well respected car companies but everyone knows they cater to different markets.

I tend to think of the offerings I have seen from you as fitting the Honda end of the market, not the Mercedes end of the market. And when anyone references "long term investment firearms portfolio" I think we are talking about high condition and high grade American collectibles as well as some of the better London and Continental names. While a few of these guns may have passed through your hands, it has been my observation that these are not your bread and butter offerings.

Admittedly I don't regularly scour the American auction sites you frequently list on. At least not as much as I did a few years ago. So maybe I have missed your high end stuff. But I did see recently you had a trader rating (100% BTW) of around 550. So obviously through that site you've moved a good number of guns over the years. I have seen maybe 30 or 40 listed by you. They typically are what I would call medium to lower original quality (Fox A grades or Sterlingworths etc.) and are selling in the $500 to $3500 range. In fact, they seem to be just the group of guns and price range I am typically looking at purchasing for myself.

And you may remember reading I specifically said I was making no reference whatsoever to the always contentious subject here of restoration work your gunsmith ol' Ed Landers has performed.

I am in no way backing off my earlier comments and if you feel they are deserving of legal action, have at it. But I don't like being misunderstood. The comments you referenced were in no way intended as a slight, they were an attempt to categorize the shotguns I have seen you offer. Not Barney's or Sak's, more like Sears, Penny and Target.

If you took it as a slight, then I unequivocally apologize because that time, I did not mean it to be.

I also appreciate you finally being direct with me about what you found offensive. I don't like vague or hazy.

James
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:51 AM
Originally Posted By: khanh

That sure fits with my opinion of ed's business dealings. "I wouldn't be surprised if most of his listings are beater guns, waiting for sale with no chance of return, to become someone else's headache." Yep, that's how I perceive ed's modus operandi.
Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 12:36 PM
for those who care, this item was listed for sale on gunbroker.com, item #377502785...I have been buying and selling on gunbroker, since 2001. I have over 1400 feedbacks there, with a 99% positive record...I cannot recall the last time I had a problem with a buyer...99% of the people I do business with are ok. this guy is not...there are many options I could have offered him to resolve our issues. however, after I rejected his demand for refund, he became vindictive. if you care to, read my feedback and his...and let the opinions of others I have done business with over the years be your guide.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:35 PM
and 100 % of the people on here KNOW your case colors are fake,your adds are deceptive and hide defects,your return policy is bogus AND you need to get some physiological help !
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:36 PM
My opinion:

ed cheated the man when he did not allow him to return that loose off-face double gun. ed should have also paid for the return shipping.

ed is a bully. And all his talk of libel and lawyers is hot air. ed bullied bg and tried to bully canvasback. Don't know who else got threatening PMs. I didn't.

ed good has no morals or principles. He will intimidate, cheat, lie, steal, whatever he needs to do to get what he thinks he wants.

End of my opinion.

I am going to post my opinions on this thread once a day every day until I either hear from ed's lawyer or Dave asks me to stop or March 31, 2014, whichever comes first.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:38 PM
You better hope Ed doesn't sue the shit out of you.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:39 PM
My opinion:

End of my opinion.

Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:41 PM
add me to the list, I have had enough of that clown Ed Goods threats,its time to fight back !
Every day we can show how deceptive add,pics not showing defect and bogus return policy's are a invitation to steal from unsuspecting buyers !
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:46 PM
Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
You better hope Ed doesn't sue the shit out of you.

I'm no lawyer but I've been told you can't call a man a liar or a thief and not be libel for it.

Good luck boys
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:50 PM
My opinion:

End of my opinion.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:54 PM
My opinion:

End of my opinion.

The above libelous statement can't be proved in a court of law by you.

By March 31, 2014 you could be a very poor man.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:55 PM
We got a couple of lawyers on here...wade in here boys and tell Mike what he has set himself up for.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 01:59 PM
jOe thank you for your efforts on my behalf. But I am well beyond 21.

My opinion:

ed is a bully. And all his talk of libel and lawyers is hot air. ed bullied bg and tried to bully canvasback. Don't know who else got threatening PMs. I didn't. (correction- got an ed PM this morning)

End of my opinion.

Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:07 PM
to my knowledge, we have never done business...so what is the basis for your slanderous statements against me?
Posted By: GJZ Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:07 PM
Truth is the first defense in a liable case and opinion has always been protected.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:08 PM

Mike you're acting more like a 12 year old on a school yard play ground. crazy

We got a couple of lawyers on here...wade in here boys and tell Mike what he has set himself up for.

Tell him Lawyer boys.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:11 PM
Originally Posted By: GJZ
Truth is the first defense in a liable case and opinion has always been protected.

I believe were talking slander here...yer honor
Posted By: SKB Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:16 PM
what a pile of steaming horse sh!t. Ed adds zero to this board. A waste of electrons.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:16 PM
jOe thank you again for your efforts on my behalf. But I am of age and fully accountable for my posts.

My opinion:

ed is a bully. And all his talk of libel and lawyers is hot air. ed bullied bg and tried to bully canvasback. Don't know who else got threatening PMs. I didn't. (correction- got an ed PM this morning)

End of my opinion.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:17 PM

Mike you're acting more like a 12 year old on a school yard play ground. crazy

Tell him Lawyer boys.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:18 PM

I believe were talking slander here...yer honor
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson

I bought a gun from ed good once.... an AYA. It too was a little loose and off face. But ed stood by his return policy and let me return it for a full refund.

Adam

There ya go....one happy customer. cool
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:22 PM

ed good has no morals

I've never tried morals but after reading your threads one could surmise that you been eat'n them mushrooms that grows in Texas cow patties. frown
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:23 PM
jOe I guess I am missing your point or you are missing mine. If you are right and I am liable for slander then I am liable for slander. If I am right and within my rights then I am right. But either way the slander issue is not going to be decided in this discussion.

jOe thank you for your efforts on my behalf. But I am well beyond 21.

My opinion:

End of my opinion.

Posted By: ed good Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:26 PM
for those who care, this item was listed for sale on gunbroker.com, item #377502785...I have been buying and selling on gunbroker, since 2001. I have over 1400 feedbacks there, with a 99% positive record...I cannot recall the last time I had a problem with a buyer...99% of the people I do business with are ok. this guy is not...there are many options I could have offered him to resolve our issues. however, after I rejected his demand for refund, he became vindictive. if you care to, read my feedback and his...and let the opinions of others I have done business with over the years be your guide.
Posted By: GJZ Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:27 PM
Liable is print, slander is oral. Buy yourself a dictionary, counselor.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:36 PM
AmarilloMike: to my knowledge, we have never done business...so what is the basis for your slanderous statements against me?

Ed, do you really have to ask why so many on this board have turned against you?

Do you think it may have something to do with your incessant and thinly veiled efforts to justify your business practices (selling torched guns) in a forum dedicated to expanding our understanding and knowledge of best practices when it comes to the safe care and maintenance of older guns? Yours is the single voice advocating for your version of restoring case colours.

Do you think it may have something to do with denigrating hunting on a board with many, many hunters?

Do you think it may have something to do with the inherent hypocrisy of selling game guns to hunters, thus earning a profit when you can, while decrying hunting?

Do you think it may have something to do with starting thread after thread here in Misfires, with subjects designed to antagonize the broad membership? PETA, really? They aren't known for being extreme? Really?

My experience here is the members here are, by and large, a pretty friendly and helpful bunch. But I haven't come here to further my business interests. I have tried to treat all members here with respect, including those with whom I have dramatically different views on typically inflammatory subjects here in misfires. As a result, I don't have people calling me names, harassing me, threatening me. I don't troll. I am respectful, of the board and it's members.

I suspect, if you want to discover the culprit, the instigator, the cause of your unhappiness with how you are being portrayed here, all you need to do is look in the mirror.

Ed, it is you who has made your business practices the subject of discussion. We reap what we sow.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:38 PM
jOe I guess I am missing your point or you are missing mine. If you are right and I am liable for slander then I am liable for slander. If I am right and within my rights then I am right. But either way the slander issue is not going to be decided in this discussion.

My point is that you don't know Ed nor have you had very little if any actual dealings with him.

Truth iz...

You can't back up any of the slanderous personal remarks you've made on here about him....all the while knowing that they could cost him money from his lively hood (Internet sales).

I hope you can see that there's a big difference in making spurious comments about his torching procedures and calling him a liar and a thief.

Anyone can sue you but can they win ?

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:40 PM
Liable is print, slander is oral. Buy yourself a dictionary, counselor.

I stand corrected your honOr
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:40 PM

ed good has no morals

I've never tried morals but after reading your threads one could surmise that you been eat'n them mushrooms that grows in Texas cow patties. frown
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 02:50 PM
jOe if you will look closely at my post I made a list of some of my opinions. Please disprove those are not my opinions.

My opinion:

ed is a bully. And all his talk of libel and lawyers is hot air. ed bullied bg and tried to bully canvasback. Don't know who else got threatening PMs. I didn't. (correction - got an ed PM on morning of Dec 15)

End of my opinion.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 03:40 PM

I bought a gun from ed good once.... an AYA. It too was a little loose and off face. But ed stood by his return policy and let me return it for a full refund.

Adam

Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 03:49 PM

Adam

Say it ain't so... !!!

Could it actually be???

ed good is REALLY Homeless jOe !!! ???
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 03:52 PM
Nope jOe, your post didn't change my opinion.

My opinion:

ed is a bully. And all his talk of libel and lawyers is hot air. ed bullied bg and tried to bully canvasback. Don't know who else got threatening PMs. I didn't. (correction - got an ed PM on morning of Dec 15)

End of my opinion.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:25 PM

Adam

I am going to post my opinions on this thread once a day every day until Mike totally looses his mind or Dave asks me to stop or March 31, 2014, whichever comes first. crazy
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Bilious Bob

Say it ain't so... !!!

Could it actually be???

ed good is REALLY Homeless jOe !!! ???

laugh ya never know I'm kinda sadistic...
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:29 PM
Nope jOe, again your post didn't change my opinion. And I know ed good appreciates you helping him by keeping this thread at the top of the Mifires list.

My opinion:

End of my opinion.

Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:33 PM

Adam

I am going to post my opinions on this thread once a day every day until Mike totally looses his mind or Dave asks me to stop or March 31, 2014, whichever comes first. crazy
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/15/13 04:41 PM
Cool!

My opinion:

ed has cheated many many people in all his business endeavors.

End of my opinion.

Posted By: khanh Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 04:07 AM
Cool!

My opinion:

ed has cheated many many people in all his business endeavors.

End of my opinion.

Let me help you with Mike
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 01:58 PM
Khan I see you have been away for little awhile. Welcome back. Thought you might not know that Dave gave ed a one month timeout. Five posts down: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348546#Post348546

Even though I said I would post my opinion of ed on this thread daily I decided to stop until ed is out of timeout and has the opportunity to persuade me here on this thread that some or all of my opinion is wrong.

For the record I have not heard from ed's lawyer. Dave has not requested that I stop posting my opinion on this thread. My opinion of ed has not changed, it is still just as Khan quoted it.

Best,

Mike
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 02:48 PM
Now we got two double team'n Texan's with Texas tOast fer brains....

You fellers eat'n mushroons out of the same Tex'ass cow pattie is ya...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 02:53 PM
In my honest opinion Mushroom Mike you have gotten just as annoying on this site as Ed Good.

Enough of this insane personal attack on Ed Good is enough.
Posted By: Bilious Bob Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 03:10 PM
In my honest opinion Mushroom Mike you have gotten just as annoying on this site as Ed Good.

Enough of this insane personal attack on Ed Good is enough.

Holy smokes!

Is jOe really in the employ of the banished ed?

His jOe found Jesus?

(... stay tuned for the next exciting episode!)
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 03:30 PM
Neither...I just don't believe in continually beating a dead horse into the dust.

That's better left for the mentally insane.

I just hate to see someone loose their damn mind over someone like Mike has did with Ed Good.

Mike doesn't like Ed Good......WHO frick'n CARES

I don't care for the torching of guns that Ed occasionally sells but there are buyers that do or the guns wouldn't sell.

What Mike is doing to ED Good is illegal in several ways.

Internet bulling.

Trashing the mans business...(a man that he never did any business with).

And continual Internet stalking.

If anyone should've gotten a 30 day time out it should have been Mike and his tag team.

But that's not the way the Internet works...

Dave doesn't have the time or desire to read and follow every thread on here and he sure doesn't have the time or desire to police a bunch of whiney old men 24/7 so what happens.

So.

It's just natural for Dave to listen to the ones doing the most whining....when in reality the trouble was the whiners fault.

Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 03:46 PM
I get the feeling that jOe and I have been ready different threads.

Ed's problems here were entirely created by Ed. Trying to justify his torching of guns. Exposing his hypocrisy of being anti hunting and selling hunting guns for profit. Ed made his business practices the subject of discussion here, no one else did. Ed is the one who sent threatening PM's and according to some, similar e-mails.

"I don't care for the torching of guns that Ed occasionally sells but there are buyers that do or the guns wouldn't sell."

Really jOe? Do you think it's possible he is taking advantage of ill-informed buyers?
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 04:07 PM
And it's your job to save the gun world from Ed Good...
Posted By: King Brown Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 04:20 PM
Dave's action is warranted. Things got nasty. Ed's sentencing is largely of his own making. I favour Joe's conviction that enough's enough.

For two reasons: (1) It gets tiresome. (2) A political axiom that incessant hammering diminishes intended effect over time.

See Bill Clinton. Publics got fed up with it.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 04:27 PM
And it's your job to save the gun world from Ed Good...

and its "your" job to police the for sale board ??

come one jOe,no one is buying this crap,you have had more then enough battles on here with others so don't try and sell this holier then thou BS, NO ONE is buying it.

Ed got what he deserved and HE is the one who got himself banned-again.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: King Brown
Dave's action is warranted. Things got nasty. Ed's sentencing is largely of his own making. I favour Joe's conviction that enough's enough.

For two reasons: (1) It gets tiresome. (2) A political axiom that incessant hammering diminishes intended effect over time.

See Bill Clinton. Publics got fed up with it.

King, if jOe's conviction was really that enough is enough, then he wouldn't keep bringing it up. I responded to jOe this morning. I wasn't piling on Ed. I'm with you. It got very tiresome.
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Our friend Ed did it again! - 12/19/13 10:39 PM
Enough as you all know by now Ed is on vacation for a couple three weeks...Go talk about something else. This horse is DOA and needs no further beating.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com