doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill H&H prices - 10/04/20 05:23 PM
H&H has a new bolt rifle for sale o GunsInternational for $64000. They may well need to get that for it in order to pay their bills, but a better quality rifle could be had fronm any American best team for a quarter of that price. Where is consumer sense?
Posted By: LRF Re: H&H prices - 10/04/20 05:46 PM
I won't comment on its value, however I only note that the gun is not engraved however the description says:

"Engraving
Description: Best Quality Engraving"

So this may mean that the cost includes a engraving allowance that the buyer can get to their tastes. Just speculating
Posted By: David Zincavage Re: H&H prices - 10/04/20 06:19 PM
You could buy a Golden Age Griffin & Howe, Neidner, Hoffman, Linden, Minar, Pachmayr, or Wundhammer for a fraction of the price.
Posted By: SKB Re: H&H prices - 10/04/20 06:32 PM
You do not buy a new bespoke H&H for the same reasons you buy a vintage gun or even a custom by current American Gunmaker. People buying new guns from Holland are not concerned with being a sensible consumer, apples and oranges.
Posted By: LRF Re: H&H prices - 10/04/20 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: SKB
You do not buy a new bespoke H&H for the same reasons you buy a vintage gun or even a custom by current American Gunmaker. People buying new guns from Holland are not concerned with being a sensible consumer, apples and oranges.

+1
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: H&H prices - 10/04/20 06:49 PM
SKB, I think you're right. At their financial level, value for cost is irrelevant. They're buying an object that reflects their economic status in order to parade it to those whose respect they need. I don't resent that in the least. I live in another universe and wouldn't want to compete with them for what I think is a good buy.
Posted By: Boltman Re: H&H prices - 10/10/20 05:21 PM
It is a completely different mindset from most of us around here. For me, it's kind of paradoxical. Paying more for a rifle with no history, when the history is usually the most appealing aspect for me.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com