doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Michael Petrov For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/25/13 09:02 PM
Bill will tell you about this. Sorry for the delay in posting this.

Posted By: WJL Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/26/13 03:51 PM
That is beautiful! Krags are handsome rifles in military dress but my do they clean up nice.

Jerry Liles
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/26/13 06:50 PM
Thanks, Michael, for posting pictures. I studied this rifle on the internet for two or three days before I recognized what I was seeing. Photos showed just a hint of the small wedge of checkering behind the receiver tang. Once I noticed that, I realized I'd never seen a Sedgley Krag before. It turns out to be quite a nice rifle, aside from the Pacific peep sight. If anyone has a picture of another Sedgley Krag, it would be nice to be able to compare them.
Posted By: james-l Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/26/13 07:34 PM
Bill, I believe I have a Lyman 48 base for a Krag, Yours for the shipping if you want it. I will check to be sure.
Posted By: eightbore Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/28/13 01:28 PM
Sure makes my Stoeger Krag look a bit crude.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/28/13 03:19 PM
just out of curiosity, is this a Jaeger Krag?, it looks
the bottom of the cheekpiece is similar to Jaeger rifles,
but not the top.

Jaeger Krag?

sorry to steer this slight off topic
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/28/13 05:24 PM
I don't think this could be a Jaeger job. The lines are classic Sedgley, including the schnabel, the somewhat long grip, and the Winchester buttplate. Inside the stock is a stamp HV. Otherwise there aren't marks to indicate whose work it is.
Posted By: Alvin Linden Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/28/13 06:16 PM
Bill: Easy enough to determine. Jaeger rifles have the initials of the stockmaker Fritz R Voigt and the number for the month and year made [FRV 3-65 for March 1965] under the buttplate or recoil pad. Your Friend and Vegas Rounder Jerry
p.s. Mindy says Howdy!

http://www.germanhuntingguns.com/Sections/Page.asp?SSID=476&NRID=1
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 05/29/13 02:14 PM
Jerry, Thanks for the tip. There are no markings under the buttplate. The front sight and barrelband are classic Sedgley details too. Cheers.
Posted By: A10ACN Re: For Bill a Sedgley Krag. - 06/02/13 09:10 AM
I SO need that!!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com