doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Last Dollar Black Powder Catridges? - 10/20/07 09:31 PM
Anyone know of a source for BP shotshells?? 12&16? Thanks
Posted By: Drew Hause Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/20/07 10:36 PM
Republic Metallic Cartridge Co.
Only 10 & 12, and no non-toxic as yet
http://www.republicmetallic.com/
Posted By: NTaxiarchis Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/21/07 12:28 AM
I talked to Republic last time I was in the neighborhood. They had Bismuth in 10 and 12 then but have since removed them from their website. I guess they can't get the shot.
Last Dollar,

Ballistic Products also has Gamebore ammo 12 bore only, 12 bore 2.5" / 1 oz. of 6's,$34. If you discover that you really like blackpowder, this is where it truely pays to reload your own.

I had my 10 gauge out on a public trap range the other day. The look on peoples faces when a 4.25 dram load of blackpowder went off was priceless and we were breaking birds.
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/21/07 01:36 AM
I've shot Gamebore blackpowder shells for years, nice stuff.
You have to shoot it in an oldie damascus with a lotta drop - a little stiff on the shoulder tho'
Posted By: Robert Chambers Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/21/07 02:31 AM
Lowell, this poster was looking for an address not your opinion of how hard your Remington SxS kicked your transgender shoulder..

First, I apologize about your thread...For those of you who don't know...this is exactly the kind of posts that Lowell has harassed me with for far too long...I no longer stand by and wait for him to bash my posts indiscriminately...this is an attempt to bring the trash to him instead, in an effort to make him stop with his vicious behavior...

All this creep has to do is agree to a truce and I will follow suit...but he will not...he continually bashes ...I'm lost for what to do except try fighting fire with fire...please do not stand up for this weasel...he must agree to a truce

C'mon lowell...five little letters...T R U C E , but you have to adhere to your word...
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/21/07 02:45 AM
Did you heAr something Lowell ?

Last dollar hit the ignore button on Lord Robert'O I did.

At my gun club we shoot Black Powder just about every Wedbesday...It's really easy to reload without a press...Craig at "Circle fly" can supply the wads and Balistic Specialties can supply the roll crimper.
Posted By: Salopian Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/21/07 06:26 AM
Last Dollar,
Load your own.
Take an empty cartridge case, fill it with 1&1/8 ozs. of shot.Trim the case plastic to the height of the shot inside the case.Viola! You now have a shot AND powder measure for BP.
All you require now is 1/8"inch over powder cards ( beer mats?) the wife's best felt bonnet and a wad punch and your away.
Good shooting.
Posted By: btdtst Re: Black Powder Catridges? - 10/21/07 07:00 PM
Drew is right about the Republic Metallic shells. A friend of mine has used them in a 10ga the last two years when he wants to hunt with and lug around his heavy double.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com