doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: RMC Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/24/07 09:20 PM
Findlay Ohio went under water this week with lots of damage. Anyone know if Jacqua got his guns out of the disaster? Dave Katt......, have you had any damage south of there? Randy
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/24/07 10:17 PM
All the flooding seemed to be north of here. Findlay is about 45mi. north of me. I am not aware of any damage within 25mi. Let's hope no one has to suffer from the flooding.
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 02:03 PM
Since they are on top of a hill in a corn field, I 'm sure they're OK. If not, say a prayer for Bill, Cam, George, Nick and Neil
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 02:06 PM
I called Jaqua's on Thursday and they were fine.

Dave, where the heck do you live, Kenton? I live about an hour and 15 minutes south of Jaqua's.
Posted By: RMC Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 02:57 PM
Erik, Where is home for you? I was born/raised in New Bremen. Randy
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 03:24 PM
Urbana, OH.
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 03:54 PM
I live near New Knoxville. Randy should know exactly where that is. I am about 10mi. S.E. of Wapakoneta. Randy's home town is about 6 mi. from me.
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 06:04 PM
S. W. you mean.

I go through it frequently on 29. Small world.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 08:53 PM
BOY!! Ohio sure does have a lot of rabble in it. Oh wait a minute. I'm in Middletown.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 08:56 PM
So, did you ever get to the Grand, Erik? I sure miss that in Vandalia. Bought a lot of doubleguns there over the years.
Posted By: RMC Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 10:32 PM
Erik, Off topic, but that's how my life is. Don't know how young you are? But,did you ever run into a builder named Dean Harlamert when he lived in Urbana? He's moved to Alabama in recent years. Old high school pal, "65". Still have bone bruises from catching his 90mph fastball. Haven't seen him since graduation day. BTW,Did clean up on Dave's team in Knoxville. Randy
Posted By: RMC Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/25/07 10:35 PM
Erik, Off topic, but that's how my life is. Don't know how young you are? But,did you ever run into a builder named Dean Harlamert when he lived in Urbana? He's moved to Alabama in recent years. Old high school pal, "65". Still have bone bruises from catching his 90mph fastball. Haven't seen him since graduation day. BTW, Did clean up on Dave's team in Knoxville in those days. Randy
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/26/07 11:52 AM
I used to love to visit the Grand, Jimmy. Stupid to have let that money go to Illinois where guns are the devil according to their politicos.
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/26/07 11:53 AM
Randy, I do not know him, but I'm not from here originally, we have lived here for 20 years. I'm a Michigan boy in the middle of OSU country.
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/26/07 03:24 PM
Yes, you are right S.W. of Wapak. Now Randy, you know as school rivalries go, Knoxville was never defeated by Bremen, just outscored a few times. Yes, I do miss "The Grand" severely. I do not know how it has affected other areas of Ohio, but trap shooting is down considerably here. Is it the loss of the Grand? Price of fuel? Hot weather? Randy, class of '65. Hmmmm I will have to think of that, I was class of '71, I am sure I can come up with all the names of the 18 boys, in that graduating class. Eric, when you are on S.R. 29, if you turn west one street south of "THE" traffic light, you travel about 1 mi. and you will be at my place.
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/26/07 04:51 PM
Next time I go through I'll call you from Sidney so you can put the coffee on.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/26/07 06:56 PM
1965? Wow!! That was my senior year in high school. Wapakoneta? They beat us 38-0 in football in the season opener. Phew!! Bad memory!!
Posted By: RMC Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/27/07 02:56 AM
Erik, You're a Michigander in OSU turf, You ought to be a Buckeye in the midst of UM and MSU diehards. Dave, your right on the demise of trap shooting. Up here, I have never seen a trap league or shoot. Skeet is somewhat active, as is 5 stand and clays. Does Bremen and Knoxville clubs still shoot a trap league? Randy
Posted By: Erik330 Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/27/07 02:18 PM
Randy, where in Northern Michigan?
Posted By: Dave Katt Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/27/07 04:11 PM
Yes, they still shoot at Bremen. Knoxville is kind of hit and miss...litterally. I shoot there guite a bit though. Moulton still shoots, but their members are all older than 65 and it is slowly sliding down hill.
Posted By: RMC Re: Did Jacqua get flooded? - 08/27/07 04:48 PM
Erik, Home is outside Petoskey, Just south of the Mac Bridge. Randy
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com