doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: KY Jon A different lever gun. - 03/10/24 02:47 PM
If you like lever-gun, shotguns this is one I have not seen before. A lot of interesting stuff shows up at Holt's auctions. Estimate £700-900 which I expect will be about half what it sells for. You can find a sketch on the web to see the internals and how it works. Kind of cool. Wish I could buy it but you just can not buy all the cool stuff.
https://www.holtsauctioneers.com/as...324+++1597+&refno=101465&image=0
[Linked Image from holtsauctioneers.com]
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: A different lever gun. - 03/10/24 05:08 PM
How many in the magazine?
Posted By: eightbore Re: A different lever gun. - 03/10/24 06:05 PM
What did it sell for, Jon?
Posted By: KY Jon Re: A different lever gun. - 03/10/24 07:36 PM
Auction still coming up. Hold four shells in the magazine. Most of these repeaters are restricted to fewer shells in UK. This is a 16 gauge, 2 3/4" chamber so was reproofed in 2023 for Black Powder. I still am trying to find out what bar pressure Black powder is for 12, 16 and 20. All I want is a number like 500 Bars so I can figure out a service pressure for non Black loads.

[Linked Image from micksguns.com]
Posted By: cpa Re: A different lever gun. - 03/11/24 12:25 AM
What a beautifully shaped stock on what most would consider a rather ungainly gun. The Brits definitely knew (know) how to stock a gun - whether it be single shot, bolt action, double bbl, o/u and even lever action.
Posted By: Argo44 Re: A different lever gun. - 03/11/24 02:02 AM
Ungainly is in the eye of the beholder. Took a Browning to Pakistan and sold it there; pointed beautifully.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: A different lever gun. - 03/11/24 11:59 AM
Is the lever drooping or is that a designed feature?
Posted By: graybeardtmm3 Re: A different lever gun. - 03/11/24 04:47 PM
noted that, and wonder if it might be a manual safety feature?

best regards,

tom
Posted By: 12boreman Re: A different lever gun. - 03/11/24 11:01 PM
Is this considered an antique in the UK or does it require import paperwork?
Posted By: KY Jon Re: A different lever gun. - 03/12/24 03:26 AM
I think the year 1896 is a important year in UK. Anyways that gun is pre 1898 so importing it should be a straight forwards thing. Holt's will state the DOM on the invoice and freight bills. You could even have a service import it to the US and have them ship it directly to you. I did everything myself on a couple 1870's doubles but it took half a day dealing with people, getting them to do their job and walking them through things that were in plain English if they ever looked at the regulations.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com