doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Karl Graebner Veteran's Day - 11/08/23 02:26 PM
As we approach this Saturday, Let us remember those who are in harms way to defend our great nation. Keep those who made the ultimate sacrifice in our prayers. Thank you veterans!
Proud to be an American!
Karl
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Veteran's Day - 11/08/23 07:58 PM
Our local school had its annual Veterans Day program today (they have a ball game tomorrow and Friday is the Holiday) and as always it was very moving to see and hear the students sing patriotic songs, including the National Anthem and recite patriotic poems and the Pledge of Allegiance. These were kindergarten to 5th grade students. It is a wonderful thing to see children of this age learning to love and respect their country instead of hating it.
Mike
Posted By: Karl Graebner Re: Veteran's Day - 11/08/23 08:14 PM
Mike,
I've participated in my Granddaughters Veteran's activities at her grade school, and it is heartwarming to see their love and respect for our country. It's good to see such values taught at an early age!
Karl
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Veteran's Day - 11/09/23 12:53 PM
The last high school where I taught also always did a special program on Veterans Day. They showed the old Gary Cooper movie "Sergeant York" one year. Another program involved the town barber talking about his experiences in WWII, most of which he spent as a PW in a German stalag.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com