doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: nca225 Netflix movie Blood & Gold - 07/01/23 02:42 PM
I saw this movie the other day. Definitely German, but I think one of my favorite shotguns makes an appearance in the climatic gun fight at the end. The BRNO ZP49! Nice to see it get some screen time!
Posted By: Perry M. Kissam Re: Netflix movie Blood & Gold - 07/01/23 03:39 PM
I have handled and shot a couple of these guns and they are indeed quite nice pieces. Light and quick handling was the 12 gauge 26 inch barreled one I shot. It also had a straight English style stock and was a non-ejector. Several Cowboy Action Shooters in this area used these and most had the barrels cut to around 22 to 24 inches. One of the top shooters in this area, a fellow with the CAS name of Smoky used one. He had honed the chambers to be as slick as glass and could simply hold the barrels up and dump his empties for a quick reload. I passed on the chance to buy one in 16 gauge with straight stock and 28 inch barrels. When I thought about it overnight and went back with the decision to buy the next day it was long gone, having been sold shortly after I had left the store the previous day!! If you snooze you lose!!
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Netflix movie Blood & Gold - 07/01/23 05:55 PM
Long ago I bought a 12 and a 16 BRNO ZP49 guns at a local gunshow. I didn't know much about foreign doubles then and thought they were a pair of Smiths someone had ruined by bluing the actions. I loved the 16 and shot it well, but the 12 must not have fit me well cause I could not hit a dove off a powerline with it.

I finally sold both of them to another member here. Well built guns in my opinion...Geo
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com