doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: FallCreekFan Great Fun - 02/03/23 04:16 PM
Now you’ve gone and done it, Jonny.

Posted By: liverwort Re: Great Fun - 02/03/23 04:47 PM
I have a book on my shelves somewhere with an old article decrying the percussion cap in comparison to flints. I have read that the percussion is slower, but I believe the argument attacked the channel on sidelock rifles, perhaps not the more direct ignition of the percussion shotgun. I have to say I love the video, and it is good for me they don't sell muzzleloading shotguns on Amazon.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Great Fun - 02/03/23 05:01 PM
Great fun indeed!
Posted By: FallCreekFan Re: Great Fun - 02/03/23 07:39 PM
Thought of you, Lloyd, and your hammer gun search when I watched this. Did I just complicate things for you? 😉
Posted By: GSPWillie Re: Great Fun - 02/03/23 08:37 PM
How about the guy at 0.18 that cocks the hammers and then looks down the bores. Hammer guns are safer, right?
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Great Fun - 02/03/23 09:06 PM
FCF: Only a little...
Posted By: lagopus Re: Great Fun - 02/04/23 04:23 PM
GSP, I think that he has probably fired it and brought the gun back to half cock. A quick blow down the barrels to clear the vent before re-loading would then follow. Not as dangerous as it looks providing both barrels were fired. Lagopus.....
Posted By: 67galaxie Re: Great Fun - 02/04/23 07:25 PM
Nice! I went on a tower shoot this morning and took an old fox. I have one coming up in a few weeks and this makes me want to take an old English gun. I think I will.
Posted By: mc Re: Great Fun - 02/04/23 08:48 PM
I hunted quail and doves with a 16 bore greeves sxs ml and I remember the first quail I shot with it a friend had a 12 ga greener really fun times
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com