doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Ken Nelson We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 02:20 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conten...erarchyId=11657

Amewzin!
Posted By: GregSY Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 02:35 AM
They even note the gun is waiting to be shot! A Death row for guns, I suppose.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 02:36 AM
Me knows nothin bout Ithaca, but I feels this one is worth the coinage $$$bela's are asking. Please, quit tempting me.
Posted By: rabbit Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 03:38 AM
Doze Itica Fluesses is shore purty! This one at the Missury stur.

jack
Posted By: Glenn Fewless Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 03:40 AM

Fleur de les pattern ?
Posted By: MarketHunter Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 03:42 AM
Remind me to tell you about the time they had a damascus gun marked as fluid steel, that was genius as well.

Destry
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 03:55 AM
Me luvs Thuringian style Ducky lots. Gun takes Jagi back to black forest heaven und I hears cuckoo bird now!
This flinte is gut buy, yes?
Posted By: rabbit Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 03:56 AM
No. 1 irritating thing about Flues model: that L. C. type popper jammer in the forend. They all have pushbuttons but you can actually "adhere" the forend to the barrel on the SBT broke down because of the sliding latch. Not so the double. I wonder how many have been lost? Gotta luv those 4Es. Only thing with engraving that looks like it was cut rather than scratched I've ever been able to afford. The chickoring is gud two.

jack
Posted By: Researcher Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 03:56 AM
That experimental cross between a Flues and a Nitro Special has been making the rounds for years. Seems like it hasn't stayed put anywhere for more then a couple of years since it left the collection at Fall Creek Water Power Lot #6.
Posted By: Bob Blair Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 04:04 AM
Ok......I'll ask.......what is it and what's the real story on it, for the sake of academics and the cause of newbee learning. Thanks.
Posted By: tudorturtle Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 04:04 AM
I like it.
Was that single trigger a factory option?
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 08:26 AM
Me thinks 'Miller' stamped on side of trigger. Nice American klasic boxy flinte.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 01:22 PM
Cabela's-Worlds Outmost Forefitter....
Best,
Ted
Posted By: Researcher Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/18/07 02:14 PM
It has been a lot of years since I have actually handled that gun, but I believe that is the non-selective single trigger Ithaca offered on all their models from Westerns to NIDs in the 1930s after the break with the Millers.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: We noes gunz....... - 07/19/07 12:30 PM
One must fondle a piece to get the "full story". For example, most Sterlingworths don't inspire me, but not long ago I examined lovely one. Very good handling gun with plenty of CC left in all the right places. It was made near the end of the run by Savage, so it's NOT long in the tooth like some of earlier PA guns.
In conclusion, when it comes to doubles for knocking down birdies a picture is not worth a "1000 words"!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com