doublegunshop.com - home
I recently acquired a Darne V19, that was imported from England. It has the initials "EAA" on a plate inlet into the stock, that I am 99% certain replaced the inlet fitting for a Darne sling. The gun is a straight stocked very light
weight 12.
Someone owned it, and loved it. They spent money having the stock bored and plugged to alter the guns balance. The gun was hunted, and used, but, doesn't appear to be abused.
It is a long shot, but, if I don't ask, I won't know.
Ring any bells?

Thanks In Advance,

Best,
Ted
Only EAA I know is Experimental Aircraft Association, international organization of homebuilt aircraft pilots.
Just taking a stab in the dark, King, and seeing if any of the Brits who lurk here might have had, this V19, or, had a friend who owned the gun.

Totally not likely, but, it doesn't cost any money.

Best,
Ted
Definitely worth a shot, Ted. Brits would likely remember a Darne. Don't think there are many floating around in the UK. Good luck!
duplicate
Posted By: Nick. C Re: Question for board members from England. - 12/23/17 01:04 PM
If the gun was bought from a dealer, they should have the details of the last owner from their shotgun certificate details. Whether they'd be prepared to share that info or maybe pass on some contact details is another thing but it could be the first step in your quest.
Hope this helps.
There is a company importing cheap shotguns that uses those initials .......... European American Armory, but I cannot imagine there could be any connection there. Most likely someone's initials.

Good luck, SRH
Picture of the plate. Might jog a memory:

The gun is not marked "Made In France" which, would tend to indicate a home market gun.
It is possible the plate ended up on the gun in France, and the gun ended up in England.
It was used a lot, at some point.

Best,
Ted
Have you totally lost your damn mind ?
I don't think so-the SBE never left the safe this year.

Hey, Merry Christmas to you too!

Best,
Ted
Darne are seldom seen in the UK. The few there are here are collected and rarely used. Many English guns and the more upmarket Spanish guns have these 'ovals' to take initials, or occasionally a family heraldic crest.
Most are never engraved and left blank.
You might be very lucky and find someone who remembers the gun - because seeing a Darne in use is so rare here, but it is a very low probability indeed.
If I don't ask, I won't know. The gun was used a bunch at some point in the past, but, there is no promise that use was in England.

Best,
Ted
I've been shooting for 40 years and only seen one 'out in the field'. I was told of a local vet who used one, but I never saw him use it (he was more my father's generation) and the initials would be quite wrong for him.

As you say, well worth asking ...... but don't hold you breath for an answer!
When living in north London in the 70s our local gunshop, Whaleys in Hornsey road (Diggory's old neighborhood I believe) brought Darnes. They caused a stir, and few were sold. The Halifax went for 120 pounds when a Webley and Scott sold for 156, a Remington 1100 for 120 and a Baikal OU for 70. Us north Londoners were not the kind of folks who would engrave initials on guns!
I have never engraved initials, either. Given the choice 'twixt a Halifax and a Remington 1100, at the same price, I'd order a cased, matched, garnature of Halifax Darnes and never look back.
I missed that boat, however.

Best,
Ted
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com