doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Jerry Mouer Neat Old Verney-Carron shotguns - 11/09/15 06:20 PM
Old Verney-Carron shotguns
Was up in PA last week and stopped by to see a friend of mine who had recently recieed two shotuns from Verney-Carron. They were duplacates from the V-C museum. Paper records do not exist on guns built before 1960. These guns date to the early 1900’s. There is a 16ga Jones opener and a Toplever 12ga, both actions are unique to me as I had never seen the like.Both guns have modern stock demenions.
The 16ga Jones opener (Hammerless, don’t remember seeing this before), weight is 5 lb 8 oz, light and fast pointing. The unique cockin system is that the cocking rods are located just under the breechface, in the lug slot, and ingauged when the Jones lever is operated opening the action. Locking the action closed is accomplished via the camming bolt engauging the two bites of the barrel lugs. The safety slide is moved back to fire, this is different. Barrels are 25 5/8” (70cm).

The 12ga toplever has a cocking system that is unique, there is a small rectangle stud at the bottom rear of the forend that engages with a levered piece in the bottom of the receiver, it moves the cocking arms as the action is opened. Weight of dandy shotgun is 6 lb 2 oz, 70cm barrels.

Now if I can remember Joe Wood’s instructions on posting pictures w’ll be is business.
Posted By: ken/kebco Re: Neat Old Verney-Carron shotguns - 11/09/15 09:36 PM
Posted for Jerry, this is the 16ga

Posted By: ken/kebco Re: Neat Old Verney-Carron shotguns - 11/09/15 09:46 PM
And here is the 12ga.

Posted By: L. Brown Re: Neat Old Verney-Carron shotguns - 11/09/15 11:11 PM
Triple proof on the 12ga? Neat fences!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com