doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PALUNC Holland single triggers - 04/25/15 10:22 PM
Anybody had experience with the Holland single trigger. Looking at a Royal with the single trigger. This one allows you to push it forward and shoot the left barrel. But only that barrel as I understand.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Holland single triggers - 04/26/15 12:29 AM
Yup. You don't see them that often. I didn't like it.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Roalco Re: Holland single triggers - 04/26/15 01:56 AM
From my copy of the 1904 H&H catalog, page 10, "Royal Hammerless Patent Single Trigger Gun", they clearly state that it enables the gun to be fired right-left or left-right, with the left barrel being fired first by pushing the trigger forward.
If you're not getting the right barrel to fire after firing the left first, I would suggest you need to get it serviced by someone qualified.
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: Holland single triggers - 04/26/15 03:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Roalco
From my copy of the 1904 H&H catalog, page 10, "Royal Hammerless Patent Single Trigger Gun", they clearly state that it enables the gun to be fired right-left or left-right, with the left barrel being fired first by pushing the trigger forward.
If you're not getting the right barrel to fire after firing the left first, I would suggest you need to get it serviced by someone qualified.

That trigger, like more than one English single trigger, was not exactly a roaring success. It has been a long time since it was used, no doubt for good reason.
Someone "qualified" to work on it might be harder to find than a gun so equipped.
A wonderful candidate for conversion to double triggers, in my humble opinion.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: PALUNC Re: Holland single triggers - 04/26/15 10:58 AM
Oh sorry I have not tried the trigger. A friend told me that Holland single triggers when pushed forward it only shot the left barrel and only the left barrel. I have not tried myself as I have only been looking at it.
So it may work fine.
Just asking if anyone has heard of problems with the Holland single trigger.
Posted By: gunman Re: Holland single triggers - 04/26/15 01:29 PM
Main problems are -
1 age and wear
2 people who have no idea what they are doing working on them
3 having the gun restocked or being renovated and
having the metal work let further into the wood
Posted By: Brittany Man Re: Holland single triggers - 04/26/15 03:05 PM
I don't have any direct experience with H&H single triggers but H&H most certainly did make what was called a "semi selective trigger" which allowed the user to fire the left bbl only & not resetting to fire the right bbl.

In the Donald Dallas H&H book the patent for this trigger is listed as the "Henry Holland & Thomas Woodward Semi Selective Trigger" & initially had an external selector but I know that some H&H "semi selective triggers" used the method of pushing the trigger forward to select the left bbl.

FWIW the Dallas book lists 8 different single trigger patents that H&H held but does not discuss which were actually used in production.
Posted By: Dennis Potter Re: Holland single triggers - 05/06/15 12:58 AM
Gunman, check private messages please
Posted By: mel5141 Re: Holland single triggers - 05/06/15 05:24 PM
The Holland Firm has been renown for many things over the years, including unfortunately the legacy of their multiple early Single Trigger attempts, none of which proved even a close competitor of the one provided by T. Boss & Co.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com