doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Run With The Fox Parker hinge pin- joint roll - 02/04/15 08:38 PM
I have a 12 gauge Trojan, sn 211440- mfg. aprox 1926-- just noticed, unlike the higher grade Parker guns, the hinge and bolt assembly does NOT have the lh threaded bolt with recessed or crowned slotted head, as on my GHE 12- How did they assemble this at the factory then?
Posted By: Jawjadawg Re: Parker hinge pin- joint roll - 02/04/15 09:55 PM
You can get a definitive answer on the Parker site, IF you can ask a question over there.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Parker hinge pin- joint roll - 02/05/15 12:04 AM
IF-- well, that's the title of my favorite poem- Rudyard Kipling penned it eons ago, well worth knowing. As I am persona non grata on the Pregnant Gophers Confused Aardvarks gruppen = I thought I'd pose it here. I also listen the full serial number of my 12 gauge Trojan, which can be verified, if anyone gives a "Flying Philadelphia Frigg" so that there is no room for questioning my veracity as to the Parker(s) I may currently own. I am NOT a troll, don't live under a bridge- just a serious shotgunner who wants to learn every G-D' day, as Patton once said - so if you can answer my question, then be my guest- my SWAG here is- press pin fit on the Trojan series- saves threading machine work, and the Trojan was the Parker "economy" grade- I like that grade, as nobody can counterfeit a Trojan into a BHE--
Posted By: B. Dudley Re: Parker hinge pin- joint roll - 02/05/15 12:39 AM
The Trojan pins are pressed in. Just like all the hammer guns were.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Parker hinge pin- joint roll - 02/05/15 12:40 AM
Thanks- just as I suspected---
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Parker hinge pin- joint roll - 02/05/15 04:10 AM
I love the Trojan too! It's just so damned Midwestern American, just like me. And there are a whole bunch of them that've been rode hard 'n put up wet 'n still ready o go after a hundred years.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com