doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: CMCol Baillie & Co. Toronto, Ontario ??? - 12/23/14 12:14 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and it is pleasure to be a part of a really great place that is filled with knowledge, expertise and packed with so much information. I don't have a lot of knowledge and experience with double guns. One gun that seems to make me more confused the more I try to research is an old Baillie & Co., Toronto, Ontario side by side. I can't find any information on this company. I am pretty sure it was not a manufacturer of guns but must have imported them with their brand engraved on them. I have concluded that the more I look into the proof marks, photos of similar looking guns and gun makers, the more confused I become. That is the reason for this post. If you have an insight into these guns or company, I would be more than happy to know and get some clarification about it. I hope this link to some photos works.
[img]http://s76.photobucket.com/user/cmc20/library/Baillie?sort=3&page=1[/img]
Posted By: OH Osthaus Re: Baillie & Co. Toronto, Ontario ??? - 12/23/14 12:42 AM
definitely English proof marks - the crossed scepters are a Birmingham black powder mark
Posted By: gunsaholic Re: Baillie & Co. Toronto, Ontario ??? - 12/23/14 12:57 AM
Only thing I could find in Canada was a list of Canadian gun makers from 1860 to 1900 and in that list was a William Baillie of Glasgow, Nova Scotia.
Posted By: CMCol Re: Baillie & Co. Toronto, Ontario ??? - 12/23/14 01:50 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: CMCol Re: Baillie & Co. Toronto, Ontario ??? - 12/23/14 01:51 AM
Thanks. I've never heard of him or his guns.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com